Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is throwing with your opponent beneficial?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    So basically what you're saying is, Its the best way to hurt your opponent but at the same time its the best way to get hurt yourself? This is what I see and dont understand how its beneficial without you risking getting rocked yourself.
    Good fighters do it when they know what's coming from the opponent, and when they know they can take what's coming from the opponent.

Also, the alternative for a lot of guys is getting beaten to the punch all the time or being able to set up their big shots at all. It's the nature of the sport that guys have to take a risk sometimes. The guys who get to the top are normally the ones who manage that risk better than the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      Good fighters do it when they know what's coming from the opponent, and when they know they can take what's coming from the opponent.

Also, the alternative for a lot of guys is getting beaten to the punch all the time or being able to set up their big shots at all. It's the nature of the sport that guys have to take a risk sometimes. The guys who get to the top are normally the ones who manage that risk better than the rest.
      ^^^ Could not have said it any better! You are going to get hit regardless. It's boxing.

Comment

If your a big puncher and your opponent is fast you have to do it

Comment

A boxer has TWO HANDS... And if he's been properly taught and has learned what he's been shown, he can adequately guard against anything coming back at the same moment.

Many fighters throw at the same time because there is a cardinal rule to "BE FIRST". And an almost instant return punch is often reflexive.

When a boxer is punching he doesn't need to be in the same spot waiting for a counter-punch. He can be in the process of weaving and moving, which, if it won't altogether guard against the return, will cause it to glance or otherwise be less effective.

There are many ways. Boxers today are very poorly schooled and are far too macho for their own good. For example, when a left jab is properly thrown, the chin should be tucked in behind the shoulder which further rises up so as, combined with a right hand in proper position to make any effective barrier against a return punch. And when the right is thrown behind the jab, the left should be coming back IN A STRAIGHT LINE to guard the jaw. 95%-or more- of all fighters drop their left hands on the way back, leaving them wide open for counter right hands.

And of course, feinting, and good stance and balance, are lost arts.

Comment

Because it's a great way to land big punches if you have the skill to do so. Obviously. Skilled fighters know how to throw with their opponents and not get hit.

Comment

So basically what you're saying is, Its the best way to hurt your opponent but at the same time its the best way to get hurt yourself? This is what I see and dont understand how its beneficial without you risking getting rocked yourself.
              obviously when you know your opponent hits harder tahn you and you throw with him you're a moron and will get knocked out. most guys that throw with their opponent are very confident that their power is superior obviously

Comment

I see many people praising certain fighters for throwing with their opponent but I dont see how this can be beneficial. If your throwing the instant your opponent throws, wouldnt that leave you vulnerable to getting hit with what your opponent is throwing at you? I noticed Danny Garcia does this often and although he's been quite successful in all his recent fights, I cringe when I see him do it because he does so blindly with no regard to what his opponent is throwing at him. Almost like a hail mary hoping his punch connects while his opponents doesnt.
                In Danny's case, it's all about timing and knowing that His chin is better than His opponents. And God guides Danny's hooks, so He need not look.

Comment

Working...
                X