No announcement yet.

Cottos December fight won't be on PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
    This made me laugh, lol. So it'll be Rubio... Cotto should be favored and he should win. He better no lose, I want to see Floyd/Cotto 2 for 3 titles at 155.
    That's fanboy talk right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
      Umm... Cotto is fighting his mandatory (probably) on HBO, for the title with possibly a catchweight involved.

Mayweather is rematching an 11-1 underdog, for the WW title AND the JMW title at 147 pounds, against a guy who has never fought at 154. Possibly with 10 oz gloves, instead of the standard 8 oz all brought to you by Al Hayman with a $75 addition to your DirecTV bill. They have absolutely nothing in common, I know you can troll better than that.
      @ Catch weight. But I thought Cotto only fights the fights that only make sense and guys that are in the big leagues now? Rubio isn't big leagues.

Like Cotto isn't going to fight a guy he's going to be a huge favorite against? Cotto is greedy too, didn't he charge PRs for a PPV that was free on Showtime? Lawl!

They both have plenty in common. Except everyone knows Floyd is a bitch while Cotto is masked as a "warrior".

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
        Wow, then it will be Rubio..Bradley would be PPV of course.
        Some one posted a thread asking who would we like to see cotto fight: canelo or ggg, I said Rubio just cuz I felt bad for the guy. Guess that's what we're getting

Comment

Miguel Angel Cotto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Sorry been saying that all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
            That's fanboy talk right there.
            What do you care? You are cotto's biggest fan anyway

Comment

this is probably a setup for Canelo in May 2015. Rubio is tough but he's out of his league.

Comment

Originally posted by spytactics View Post
                What do you care? You are cotto's biggest fan anyway
                Look at this dude. Be putting pics of him in the bed like this is AFF.

Comment

First off Cotto and his team havn't even met yet. Second, Bob Arum was the one who stated this saying Cotto's fight will be with HBO when Cotto isn't even signed to TR. Third, if Cotto chooses Canelo it will be with Showtime (PPV) aka no Bob Arum involved, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    Wow, then it will be Rubio..Bradley would be PPV of course.
                    Cotto's team probably didn't have much of a choice if they didn't want to leave HBO and Top Rank as its co-promoter. I'm sure the catchweight will be 157lbs for Rubio that way Cotto gets him nice and drained. I wouldn't be surprised if Canelo fights Joshua Clottey next, as he's a name but I don't know if it's PPV worthy. Peter Quillin would be PPV worthy.

Comment

Good. Cotto's not a PPV caliber fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X