No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder is a hype job

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deontay Wilder is a hype job

I really want to take him seriously, but his footwork is awful, he doesn't use his jab effectively, has a poor guard and windmills/telegraphs his punches.

He needs a new trainer. It's all well and good feeding him these no-hopers, but unless he is progressing, technically, he'll fall hard when he finally 'steps up'.

I know it's premature, but Joshua looks muuuch better than wilder even now.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
      I really want to take him seriously, but his footwork is awful, he doesn't use his jab effectively, has a poor guard and windmills/telegraphs his punches.

He needs a new trainer. It's all well and good feeding him these no-hopers, but unless he is progressing, technically, he'll fall hard when he finally 'steps up'.
      he does need a lot more seasoning but he has the potential. I agree that he should get a top trainer to harness that great power he has. those long looping shots wont work against the better defensive fighters in the division. there's still time for him tho. Im a fan

Comment

Maybe get him a new trainer. He will be a force soon though

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
          I know it's premature, but Joshua looks muuuch better than wilder even now.
          This ^^^^. Joshua looked composed and showed good footwork and shot selection.

Wilder looked clumsy.

Comment

This ^^^^. Joshua looked composed and showed good footwork and shot selection.

Wilder looked clumsy.
            yea,,I was impressed with Joshua. he seems more complete than wilder already

Comment

Wladimir should call out Wilder.

I'm sure he'd be willing to come to the US in March to fight him.

Comment

His power will keep him in the mix...good thing since that's all he's got...

And Firtha appeared to buckle him in there last night, hope his chin isn't questionable...

Comment

Wladimir should call out Wilder.

I'm sure he'd be willing to come to the US in March to fight him.
                  that would be a disaster for wilder. hed have to catch wlad in the first 3 rounds with something huge. no way does he have the stamina to last 12 rounds with a heavyweight with the experience of wlad. hes way too green and just doesn't have enough late round experience

Comment

Difference between Wilder and Joshua is that Joshua has ability.

Comment

Working...
                    X