Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Much did Marquez 4 mess pac up for this fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much did Marquez 4 mess pac up for this fight?

I think a lot of the problems for manny tonight came from three reasons.

1. He's old, may have deceived us really well with bradley, algeri, and rios

2. Floyd is real good at dictating space

But the third reason, was activity, which is just shocking. He just didn't really try tonight at all in that department. What happened to the pac of old where he didn't give a crap that he was missing or getting hit? He was right there in the ropes a lot, and he just stopped throwing. Hell in the 4th he really buzzed mayweather, had him on the ropes, and completely backed off! Idk if anyone else saw that, but holy crap that was really unlike pacquiao. And it's not like floyd was doing anything special on the ropes, he was doing a clottey. My only guess, is that the knockout in pac marquez 4, made him completely gun shy. To the point where if he feels like he is going to get hit hard, he is not going to throw. Because after the marqeuz fight, his activity level went way down. I never realized how much that fight took away from pac, it took everything away that made him special. He is still a good fighter, but no longer that dynamic attacker of the past.
    It messed him up a lot, made him completely gun shy
    58.82%
    Didn't mess him up at all, he was the manny of old
    41.18%

Nah, he looked like the same Pac even after the ko loss.

Comment

his punch output isnt the same. he used to be more reckless before but he thinks too much now. tbh if he was more reckless he might have been stopped, double edged sword

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1836 View Post
        I think a lot of the problems for manny tonight came from three reasons.

1. He's old, may have deceived us really well with bradley, algeri, and rios

2. Floyd is real good at dictating space

But the third reason, was activity, which is just shocking. He just didn't really try tonight at all in that department. What happened to the pac of old where he didn't give a crap that he was missing or getting hit? He was right there in the ropes a lot, and he just stopped throwing. Hell in the 4th he really buzzed mayweather, had him on the ropes, and completely backed off! Idk if anyone else saw that, but holy crap that was really unlike pacquiao. And it's not like floyd was doing anything special on the ropes, he was doing a clottey. My only guess, is that the knockout in pac marquez 4, made him completely gun shy. To the point where if he feels like he is going to get hit hard, he is not going to throw. Because after the marqeuz fight, his activity level went way down. I never realized how much that fight took away from pac, it took everything away that made him special. He is still a good fighter, but no longer that dynamic attacker of the past.
        Little like Roy in the third Tarver fight, he still had really good speed, pretty good footwork, looked good at moments but he just wouldn't commit and give it his all.

Pac didn't seem to have the energy, not in his legs, not in his punch output. When he realised he couldnt beat Floyd with his original gameplan he should have just tried to put in a higher gear.

I thought he could do what Froch did against Groves in their first fight, be outboxed like hell but just come back and win on toughness, determination.. he was just to reluctant. No killer instinct at all.

If Pac had fought like he fought in round four and five in the last Marquez fight he might have achived something memorable. Now he just looked tired and old, seems like a good sign it's time to hang em up.

He and Marquez are in the same position now, they can look good against come forward fighters tailor made for them.

Comment

He definitely used to take a lot more chances in his prime. Sad to see someone like Pacquiao lose that killer instinct which made him so exciting and so great. It was still a good fight, but it left a lot to be desired.

- Bermuda

Comment

How much did Maidana take out of Floyd? Lets not discredit Floyd here neither guy are what they once was.

He was exactly the same in the Marquez fights and against Bradley and other fighters who was not presenting a static target and gave him something to think about.

It was Floyds jab, his timing, his feints, footwork and counter punching that slowed Manny down.

Comment

Not too much. In the 3rd Marquez fight he was also very tentative and only threw around 550 punches.

Comment

manny was still game, its just that Mayweather dismantled and undressed him so badly, he made pac look older then he really is

Comment

I don't know why people are surprised by Pacquiao's lack of output. He was never going to throw close to 1000 punches like he did against Clottey and Margs, guys who stand in front of him with little head movement or counters to make him weary.

Comment

I think it's time for everybody to be honest with what they see. Pacquiao is smaller than he was. Doesn't punch like he did. And his stamina is about half of what it used to be. And all of you know exactly why.

Comment

Working...
                    X