No announcement yet.

I feel bad for Rod Salka

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel bad for Rod Salka

Lets put everything into perspective, he moved a weight class and fought the number 1 guy at 140 even though he's only #77 in lightweight. There wasn't a chance he was going to win and now everyone makes a mockery of him. He just had a good solid win recently and is working his way up. He's not on the level of DG but that does not make him a bum. He's an ok lower level fighter and people need to stop making him sound like the worst fighter ever. I saw a graphic with him vs Bieber the other day, lets be serious. Bieber probably gets KO's in round 1.

correction he moved up 2 weight classes, 142 is welterweight

Comment

I joined around the time he fought Garcia and from what i've seen he's one of the most talked about people, he got a good payday, good exposure and i'm assuming no one on here talked about him at all before the fight was announced so hey at least he's known now.

We all know the real reason this thread was made, you are concerned what Rod will do to your guy Matthysse if they fight.

Comment

He's got skills, learned from spadafora who's one of the best talents of the last twenty years. It is unfortunate how he gets ragged on, but he's doing what he loves, boxing, training and getting paid for it.

Comment

He looked decent against Clay.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady96 View Post
            Lets put everything into perspective, he moved a weight class and fought the number 1 guy at 140 even though he's only #77 in lightweight. There wasn't a chance he was going to win and now everyone makes a mockery of him. He just had a good solid win recently and is working his way up. He's not on the level of DG but that does not make him a bum. He's an ok lower level fighter and people need to stop making him sound like the worst fighter ever. I saw a graphic with him vs Bieber the other day, lets be serious. Bieber probably gets KO's in round 1.
            Disagree with this part..
            People are mocking Danny more than Salka.
            Salka at least has balls, and he gets credit for that.

Comment

Why would you feel sorry for a bum who got the opportunity to fight for a world title and a very good purse?

Without the exposure from the Garcia fight, no one would give a fuk about him. He's even developed something of a cult following which is more than what he had going for him before.

Comment

He's just a bum who got paid to take a beating from a champion.

The fight was a disgrace to boxing

Comment

Rodrick "Twincam" Salka is a legend, the man is a living legend. He get's paid good for his services to the boxing world.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                    I joined around the time he fought Garcia and from what i've seen he's one of the most talked about people, he got a good payday, good exposure and i'm assuming no one on here talked about him at all before the fight was announced so hey at least he's known now.

We all know the real reason this thread was made, you are concerned what Rod will do to your guy Matthysse if they fight.
                    Haha love it, completely agree that all publicity is good publicity.

Comment

Working...
                    X