Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Great Mystery- How many bought Mayweather vs. Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBO even released the Maidana-Morales #'s and that was < 50k.

So its entirely possible and actually very likely that Ortiz-floyd did less than that.

Pathetic. Absolutely Pathetic.

Comment

I think people play dumb when it comes to pac man... manny vs mosley numbers did come out but it was way after the fight not a few days. its been a few weeks now relax. I waited bout a month for manny vs mosley numbers so what

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post

So its entirely possible and actually very likely that Ortiz-floyd did less than that.

LOL. Are you being serious?

Comment

i just want to know what the numbers are. I dont care who sells more manny or floyd. i'm just always curious about buys for some reason. i hate when they arent announced

Comment

why would anyone pay for a snooze fest floyds fights are so boring no action at all

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
              If they are truly very disappointing, that weakens Mayweather’s position in relation to any fight that may be discussed now, or in the future, with Manny Pacquiao. It would not bring Floyd closer to the table, but rather, create more of a gap in prospective negotiations, because he can almost be counted on to ask for an outrageous figure. That becomes even more outrageous if he has less drawing power than expected.
              I doubt it. It's still going to be 50/50 no matter what. Even if it's just 800k, it's still more than the 750k Pacquiao made with Clottey. Both Victor and Clottey are around the same level of popularity so we shouldn't have expected that much.

Comment

i agree there is something fishy with hte numbers not being released yet. . . but it did take pac/mosley a long time too. . . who knows? i just hope that it's in the same range as pac's numbers so neither has a roadblock. . . also, mayweather gives a chunk of his earnings to oscar, or he sacrifices potential profit because oscar is the one putting up the risk not mayweather. . . so mayweather does have a boss, whether or not he likes to admit it.

i don't think the fight would have to sell as much as 900k for mayweather to make more than his guaranteed 25 million, though. he got that money from GBP REGARDLESS of how many sales it did - GBP has to take the loss. . . Ortiz gets his 2.5, and Mayweather gets his 25 regardless. . .

I think the number will come out and be a little more than a million. . . around 1.1-1.2

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  I doubt it. It's still going to be 50/50 no matter what. Even if it's just 800k, it's still more than the 750k Pacquiao made with Clottey. Both Victor and Clottey are around the same level of popularity so we shouldn't have expected that much.
                  no way - ortiz is MUCH more well known. . . clottey was only guaranteed a million bucks. . . HBO had done a few promo's on Ortiz - Clottey never once. . . This had a 24/7, whereas clottey-pac only had a little 30 minute "road to dallas" episode. . . HBO got behind this fight more, because it assumed Ortiz was a bigger "B" side opponent, and thus would sell more. . .

also, he's mexican-american - fighting on mexican independence day. . . NO WAY is ortiz not a bigger star than clottey. . . Ortiz HAS BEEN the "premier opponent" everytime in his career up until the berto fight (and u can argue he was responsible for more of hte fans). . . Clottey HAS NEVER been an "A side" guy.
                  Last edited by UglyPug; 10-11-2011, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                    i agree there is something fishy with hte numbers not being released yet. . . but it did take pac/mosley a long time too. . . who knows? i just hope that it's in the same range as pac's numbers so neither has a roadblock. . . also, mayweather gives a chunk of his earnings to oscar, or he sacrifices potential profit because oscar is the one putting up the risk not mayweather. . . so mayweather does have a boss, whether or not he likes to admit it.

i don't think the fight would have to sell as much as 900k for mayweather to make more than his guaranteed 25 million, though. he got that money from GBP REGARDLESS of how many sales it did - GBP has to take the loss. . . Ortiz gets his 2.5, and Mayweather gets his 25 regardless. . .

I think the number will come out and be a little more than a million. . . around 1.1-1.2
                    No the only thing fishy is you taking camera phone pictures in the bathroom mirror, like a 17 year old girl on facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post

maybe this fight did less than 500k

Comment

Working...
                      X