No announcement yet.

Name a fighter that still looked good while his opponent was running away

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name a fighter that still looked good while his opponent was running away

I was watching Bradley/Peterson, and that was such an amazing fight... I kept thinking, why is this guy making Bradley look so good and so entertaining, when guys like Alexander couldn't?

Didn't take long for me to realize its becuz Peterson is coming forward looking to fight... In just about every Bradley fight before and since that I've seen (other than Abregu, a fight where I thought Bradley looked pretty good), his opponents ran away/hugged him to death the whole time (Haven't seen the Holt fight in a while, don't know who the aggressor was, but I know Holt wasn't shy about hugging) which is why Bradley's fights can be pretty boring

Then I remembered how Pacquiao looked like crap when fighting Mosley, and even looked bad (which would have been more noticeable had it not been for his early explosive success) in the latter half of the Cotto fight when Cotto gave up

If Pac, who is one of the most entertaining fighters in the world, can look that bad under the same circumstances, who can look good?

Name a fighter (or two) that looks good fighting scared (or at least hyper and/or overly affectionate) opponents

Lets try to keep it in the top 10 realm... No easy to catch, journeymen

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
    I was watching Bradley/Peterson, and that was such an amazing fight... I kept thinking, why is this guy making Bradley look so good and so entertaining, when guys like Alexander couldn't?

Didn't take long for me to realize its becuz Peterson is coming forward looking to fight... In just about every Bradley fight before and since that I've seen (other than Abregu, a fight where I thought Bradley looked pretty good), his opponents ran away/hugged him to death the whole time (Haven't seen the Holt fight in a while, don't know who the aggressor was, but I know Holt wasn't shy about hugging) which is why Bradley's fights can be pretty boring

Then I remembered how Pacquiao looked like crap when fighting Mosley, and even looked bad (which would have been more noticeable had it not been for his early explosive success) in the latter half of the Cotto fight when Cotto gave up

If Pac, who is one of the most entertaining fighters in the world, can look that bad under the same circumstances, who can look good?

Name a fighter (or two) that looks good fighting scared (or at least hyper and/or overly affectionate) opponents

erislandy lara

Comment

Of course, it's almost impossible to look good against a runner. Unless you can trap the runner somehow.

Comment

Honestly I cant think of any off the top of my head.

Comment

Comment

Chavez vs. Camacho.

Comment

Floyd...............

Comment

There are a lot of fighters who look good against fighters who are in survival mode. People are starting to find excuses for people's inability nowadays, if you have good inside game and are good at cutting the ring off then you will not look like **** against fighters who get on their bike. Mayweather, Tyson and Cotto are examples of fighters who look good when their opponent is on the bike.

Comment

I use the love the way Ike Quartey would do those lil quick skips when his opponent would start running and then he would dig those body shots

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post

Man Pac is one dimensional, cant cut off the ring, and he can be turned easily...Marvin Hagler vs SRL was a great example..Hagler didnt look bad even tho SRL Was running....its Only Pac and Rios cuz its only so much they can do

Comment

Working...
                    X