No announcement yet.

Nike Machomai Review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nike Machomai Review

First thing I noticed when I took them out of the box; they look ****ing badass. They appear to be a decent quality shoe, and they weigh almost nothing. That is where the good feelings ended.

First big problem... They do not lace up tight. Even pulled as tight as the laces would go, the shoe was still lose, not even close to being snug.

Second problem, after ****ing around with the laces to get them a little tight, I danced a round a bit and rolled my ankle. These shoes provide absolutely ZERO ankle support. In an effort to make the shoe light weight and breathable, they constructed it out of fabric that would be more at home in a pair of socks, although I am sure the socks would be more supportive...

I was absolutely dumbfounded, The whole purpose of having a hight top shoe is FOR the ankle support.

Third problem, although at first glance the shoe appeared to be well made, there are several corners cut. The major problem I noticed is with the way the laces are attached to the shoe. Instead of eye holes like normal shoes, or a quick lace system like I love on my Adidas Boxing 2000's, there are flimsy looking nylon loops that are attached via single stitching.

I have a feeling that IF you were able to get the shoes laced up tight, the lacing system would fail after a few weeks of use.

If you like low top shoes, these would probably work out well for you. All the looks of a hight top, all the performance of a low top.

Surprisingly, the low cut version of the shoe provided MORE support than the hight cut version, but it is still unacceptable.

I am going to send them back and order some of the Adidas Boxing 08's off of the Rival site.
    Last edited by !! Shawn; 08-19-2008, 05:29 PM.

Shawn Shawn Shawn.... You are my man! I wanna some of the Adidas 08's too, but hate ordering stuff I can't try on. I expect a full and detailed review of these... or anyone else if you have them.

Comment

I rather like my Everlast Lo-top boxing shoes. Only $19.99 and they seem reasonably well made. I've heard there's a problem with the bottom coming undone though? I like that they're so well vented, my feet feel cooler in them than out of them, goes great with some vented socks. I was actually going to get some expensive shoes until I saw these, hopefully they last a season o_o

Oh yeah and they lace up very, very tight and don't move on my feet at all, really do feel like a glove.
      Last edited by eman-resu; 08-19-2008, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by markeeta View Post
        Shawn Shawn Shawn.... You are my man! I wanna some of the Adidas 08's too, but hate ordering stuff I can't try on. I expect a full and detailed review of these... or anyone else if you have them.
        I actually ordered 4 pair. I learned from my mom, lol. I wear a size 8.5 usually so I ordered a pair of Machomai low-cut in 8.5 and in 9 and a pair of Machomai high-cut in 8.5 and in 9

I also ordered two rival cups size M and L. I am keeping the size L, its a great cup.

Its the only way to shop online. Order a whole bunch of crap and send back the stuff you don't want.

I fully expect the Adidas 08's to equal or exceed my Boxing 2000's except for the quick lace system that it doesn't have.

I am so bummed that my 2000's are wearing out. ****ing love those shoes. If I don't like the 08's I am going to order a pair of 2000's from England. They seem to still sell them there.

Comment

I was thinking of buying the 08's ... Can't wait for your reveiw, They certainly look the part.

Comment

I'm having heaps of problems with shoes, but I figure the more I keep buying the more I will understand what I need. I am so not a shoe girl, but I am slowly becoming one.

I just want ones that fit well, are light on my feet and help me move around. I'm not getting them for my day-to-day training because I have heavier shoes with more support for that.

It is so hard to know if you like something until you start using it though.

Comment

i got to disagree, i got the machomai in black, mids, and they are perfect. the only flaw that i have with them is that the soles don't have the necessary padding that i need for my high arc feet, but that can be fixed with arc sole supports. also the mesh material they fabricated it with for air ventilation helps so much, keeps your feet dry and athlete foot free. i've mentioned it before in another thread, if you don't wear Nike shoes much, and you go by what size you wear currently, give or take they are not going to fit as good as you thought they would. i wear nike all the time so i went by that in order to come to a size decision for the machomai, and they fit very well all around (except for my arc problem). i like them so much im probably going to get them in red and blue also. im a small fighter at 5' 6", and i like to move a lot in the ring so the lightness of these shoes do help you to stay light on your feet.
              Last edited by d_lyrik803; 08-19-2008, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by azza View Post
                I was thinking of buying the 08's ... Can't wait for your review, They certainly look the part.
                I just ordered them from Canada. ****ing 40 dollars shipping. Ridiculous!! But I want some good ****ing boxing shoes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d_lyrik803 View Post
                  i got to disagree, i got the machomai in black, mids, and they are perfect. the only flaw that i have with them is that the soles don't have the necessary padding that i need for my high arc feet, but that can be fixed with arc sole supports. also the mesh material they fabricated it with for air ventilation helps so much, keeps your feet dry and athlete foot free. i've mentioned it before in another thread, if you don't wear Nike shoes much, and you go by what size you wear currently, give or take they are not going to fit as good as you thought they would. i wear nike all the time so i went by that in order to come to a size decision for the machomai, and they fit very well all around (except for my arc problem). i like them so much im probably going to get them in red and blue also.
                  I ordered them in multiple sizes. My problems have nothing to do with the shoe not fitting. The shoe fits, but the way it was designed is pure crap. If you have really really big ankles and calves they might work for you, but if you have ever used a decent boxing shoe, it is really obvious how bad that Machomai shoes are. Not only do they not provide ankle support, the sole design seems to be unusually prone to rolling your foot when you cut.

Some people might like them, but if you buy them expecting a good supportive high top boxing shoe, you will be very disappointed.

Like I said, they are a good low top shoe disguised as a high top shoe, but don't expect any ankle support.

Comment

I can't believe for once you did not talk ****. Spot on, adidas rule!

Comment

Working...
                    X