No announcement yet.

Quit the Bias folks, lets be real, Bradley got damn lucky

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
    Everyone is demanding that we praise Bradley but neglect to incorporate the fact he cherrypicked a 140lb fighter (who had never fought a top 15 ranked opponent) to move up a division and Tim still needed a hometown decision to beat this "ESPN level boxer"

Bradley is supposed to be among the "elite" of boxing on a plane far above mere mortals. Hopefully people will give Ruslan credit and realize that just because a guy doesn't have drawing power and hasn't been given an oppertunity before doesnt mean there is a class disparity, it just proves what media attenton can accomplish.

P.S Matthysse beats Bradley.

P.P.S. Reindeer Power!!!
    Who the f**k did you want him to fight??? Being with Top Rank vastly limits your options at 140-147 and Marquez/Rios didn't want to fight him.

Comment

I think bradley is a bit lucky because if this had been a top rank fighter with a name(rios) bradley could have easily lost this fight from it being stopped or on the scorecards. Hes lucky his opponent was a no name fighter. If bradley was dropped two more times I seriously believe he still would have won that fight because of who top rank is trying to make him out to be. Just an opinion.

Comment

It was a great fight, props to Ruslan. I think it was a fight of the year and a rematch would be awesome....do it again, for the critics, the fans, and the sport.

Comment

I doubt Bradley would be willing to do an immediate rematch. I was pulling for Ruslan, but his inactivity during the middle rounds cost him. With that said, Bradley who's supposed to be an elite fighter, should have never been in such a dogfight with Ruslan. The guy's not even a top 10 fighter. But to me that shows Bradley has no business at welterweight. He doesn't have enough pop to keep people off him and not good enough defense to avoid taking too much damage. Had Ruslan been as Matthyssee he would have gotten him out of there. And I also think someone like Brandon Rios would beat Bradley. That kid can fight and understands how to cut the ring to benefit his style.

If Bradley rematches, I'll be very impressed. Great fight from both guys.

Sidenote: Doesn't this whole thing seem a bit like Rocky? Rocky (Ruslan) a "club fighter" takes on the champ Apollo (Bradley) and almost beats him. If Bradley rematches him, I'm expecting an upset in the second fight! Ruslan better tell Bradley "Don't duck me son!"

Comment

Working...
          X