No announcement yet.

Greater fighter Donaire or Casamayor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Donaire, it's gotta be. By miles actually.
    Donaire, while having a solid resume, has not faced as many great fighters as Casa did. That actually means something.

Comment

I am a massive fan of Donaire and think he is a hell of an athlete but I've always felt like his best attribute as a fighter was being able to boil himself down to ridiculous weights. The size disparity in the 1st Darchinyan, Marquez, sidorenko, Montiel and Narvaez fights played a bigger role than ability. Since fighting people who are similar in size he hasn't looked the beast he once was.

Casamayor was always underrated in my opinion and was a great technician who also had enough power to change things if a fight wasn't going his way.

I think Donaire has an edge in resume due to his dominance and titles across 4/5 weight classes. Overall I think Casamayor is the better fighter, fighting the better opposition and maybe having the better wins (albeit fewer and with more losses). But I believe both fighters, prime for prime are great fighters who fall into the second tier just behind your Leonard's, Whitaker's and Lewis'.

Comment

Working...
      X