No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Jr: I Come Out Victorious In Any Ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Jr: I Come Out Victorious In Any Ring

Floyd Mayweather and Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez kicked off their press tour to hype up their September 14 showdown in Las Vegas. New York City’s Times Square played host to the first stop of the 11-city, nine-day tour to promote the biggest possible fight that can realistically be made today.

Mayweather has long served as among the very best in the sport, but the height of his popularity has coincided with his involvement in heavily Mexican-themed fights. The unbeaten pound-for-pound king has played Cinco de Mayo weekend four times and now serves as the star attraction for his third fight on Mexico Independence Day weekend.

More often than not, Mayweather (44-0, 26 “by way of…”) has embraced the villain role on such occasions. As much is expected when he steps into the ring with Alvarez (42-0-1, 30KO), who has rapidly become the face of boxing in Mexico. [Click Here To Read More]

i hope he doesnt turn this fight into a pot shot snoozefest like the gurrero fight

Comment

Originally posted by 3Sun2 View Post
      i hope he doesnt turn this fight into a pot shot snoozefest like the gurrero fight
      when is treason1 going to drop another ATG prediction/diss video?

Comment

So you expect to see him stand in front of Canelo and trading wide hooks with him?

Yeah, ok.

Comment

Are you dumb enough to expect a toe to toe fight? Floyd will give up at least 15-20lbs on fight night and you expect a slug fest? Wow the educational system has failed us once again. Floyds gonna BOX his ears off. You're one of THOSE "fans" that think standing there slugging is boxing. Probably think clubber lang is a student of the "sweet science".

Comment

Originally posted by 3sun2 View Post
            then don't watch because money is going to fight his fight and win.he's not going to change for your jealous sorry ass. Do not watch.we mayweather fans do not care.

Comment

Originally posted by MRCHOKEaMF View Post
              Are you dumb enough to expect a toe to toe fight? Floyd will give up at least 15-20lbs on fight night and you expect a slug fest? Wow the educational system has failed us once again. Floyds gonna BOX his ears off. You're one of THOSE "fans" that think standing there slugging is boxing. Probably think clubber lang is a student of the "sweet science".
              Just hope that Canelo doesn't catch him with fast powerful left uppercuts and hooks... or with a straight right.

Comment

What a stupid comment.

So just because it'll make a few casual fans happy, he should abandon using his elite skills and instead go full on Gatti style at a bigger guy?

If - IF - the fight is a pot shot snoozefest, and May wins a comfortable decision, the blame is not on Mayweather. The blame is on Canelo for failing to close the distance and focus on his own offense. If Mayweather frustrates Canelo, that is a successful gameplan and is to be lauded.

I can understand a boxing fan being angry at e.g. Banks' performance where he stunk out the building for 9 rounds vs Mitchell. However to complain that Floyd Mayweather might dominate yet another top fighter is obnoxious.

Comment

All I ask for, is that this fight is conpetitive enough, thats all.

Comment

Here we go already. So when Canelo comes in 25 pounds heavier, the game plan for Floyd should just make it a Gotti/Ward fight? Hit and dont get hit sounds like a good game plan to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X