Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Has the Better Wins at Welterweight: Devon Alexander or Robert Guerrero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    Anyone looking at their resumes would realize the fact that neither one of them fit the build to be the next guy for Floyd. They still need to prove themselves.
    Not really Devon has a lot of bigger names on his resume than Robert does. Out of the two Devon has fought the bigger guys.

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
      Not really Devon has a lot of bigger names on his resume than Robert does. Out of the two Devon has fought the bigger guys.

Devon has only 2 recent fights at WW.

- Maidana who was also fighting at WW for the first time.
      - Bailey who only has a punchers chance in every fight and Devon fought him super carefully and it made for a boring fight.

Yes, where they differentiate is that Devon has fought at 140 many times and Guerrero has not BUT the fight will be fought at WW where NEITHER have much of a resume.

It will be a huge step up from fighting Bailey to fighting Floyd. So realistically, both need to fight some more to show us what they have before we can even think of saying or knowing if they are ready for that level of competition at WW.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02
        Quote:

Originally Posted by turkas

Devon has only 2 recent fights at WW.
        - Maidana who was also fighting at WW for the first time.
        - Bailey who only has a punchers chance in every fight and Devon fought him super carefully and it made for a boring fight.

Yes, where they differentiate is that Devon has fought at 140 many times and Guerrero has not BUT the fight will be fought at WW where NEITHER have much of a resume.

It will be a huge step up from fighting Bailey to fighting Floyd. So realistically, both need to fight some more to show us what they have begfore we can even think of saying or knowing if they are ready for that level of competition at WW.
        I was talking about their entire resumes.

At 147 theyre about the same, but I lean slightly towards Devon.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
          I was talking about their entire resumes.

At 147 theyre about the same, but I lean slightly towards Devon.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          I agree (overall resume) .... but neither has the proven resume, especially at WW, to have you say that they are ready for Floyd. We need to see more of them at WW.

Floyd vs Ortiz(1 fight), Hatton(1 fight), Marquez(0 fight), are examples of what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
            ok and the berto that fought robert wasnt the same berto, came out tryna fight like broner... we can sit here and make excuses on both ends

at the end of the day maidana and bailey are better names to have on ya resume than aydin? wtf and berto
            berto would beat that version of maidana and bailey easy too

Comment

Funny how this coward Mayweather retired when the WW division was loaded with real welterweight champions.
              Now that the WW chumpions are names like Guerrero,Berto,Devon Alexander, he wants to fight them.

Comment

Devon Alexander has 14 wins at Welterweight. Guerrero only has 2 wins, 1 was against Aydin who just got his ass handed to him by Soto Karass and the other win was against a steroid free Andre Berto that was coming off a 15 month lay-off.

Devon Alexander's Welterweight resume shyt's all over Guerrero's Welterweight resume, it's not even close.

Comment

Guerrero because he beat his opponents in 12 rd bouts...I think Guerrero has the better opponents,but Alexander holds a belt...It's hard but I have to give the edge to Guerrero just cause all his bouts were 12 rds,and more young fighters...

Comment

I think Maidana is a better fighter than Aydin, but Aydin was ranked higher. Bailey had just beat Jones for the IBF belt, and Berto was inactive due to injury. Alexander moved up one weight-class, while Ghost moved up two weight-classes.

I think they are about even.

Comment

Surprised at the poll. Devon is one of the forums most hated and Guerrero is one of the most liked but more people have Alexander/Even than Guerrero.

Comment

Working...
                      X