Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Donaire fights and beat Rigondeaux, is he the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just curious, what will people say if Donaire did beat Rigo in his current state of being 11-0? Will they say it was a huge win, or will they say oh you mean that overrated amateur hypejob, or simply say "who?"

To be honest I think a win over Mares does much more for Donaire than one over Rigo as far as right now goes.

Comment

I already have Donaire #1 pfp. and I think he wins this fight by KO and I would be surprised if he lost. Rigondeaux is very good but I think Donaire is better. This win would just raise my opinion of Donaire a small amount and make me more sure I am right about him. I voted so what.

Comment

Rigondeaux needs to fight somebody first.

Comment

Credit yes but the only way he goes over Ward or Martinez (IMO) is if the other two have poor showings/bad fights.

Comment

Rigo has over 400 amateur fights. He's one of the most decorated amateur fighters of all time. Beating that unstoppable, perfect monster would make Donaire the greatest fighter that ever lived.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              It would be his 4th real good opponent faced in his career. Darchinyan, Montiel and Mathebula are his only worthy opponents to mention. At 30 years old, you want a little more than just 3 good fighters on your resume. I do not see Nishioka, Marquez, Vazquez Jr, Sydorenko as fighters to mention like they're hot sh-t.

Donaire should look at his good friend, 28 year old Andre Ward. He has more really good fighters than Donaire, but he's two years younger. Dawson, Kessler, Froch, Bika, Abraham. Ward is beating guys who were favored to win tournaments, guys who are Ring champions, while Donaire is here wanting to fight...Jorge Arce. Come on.

Comment

Its a situation he can't win.

All the people who claim he's ducking Rigo like the plague, will claim that Rigo was too green and it doesn't prove anything if Donaire beats him.

You know how these boards work.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  Its a situation he can't win.

All the people who claim he's ducking Rigo like the plague, will claim that Rigo was too green and it doesn't prove anything if Donaire beats him.

You know how these boards work.
                  Real talk............

Comment

Neither Donaire or Rigo should be in a conversation about the GOAT...who knows what the future holds but it sounds beyond unlikely right now...So how could Donaire become the GOAT by beating Rigo? Rigo was an impressive amateur...but if he wanted the Donaire fight, he'd either destroy the fighters that Donaire fought more impressively than Donaire did or fight the ones that Donaire hasn't fought yet.

Comment

Dillusion is the only thing that makes anyone even talk about Donaire or Rigo being G.O.A.Ts!!!! IMO, this fight SHOULD happen and will only help the winners legacy as far as taking on the best. Rigo doesn't have enough fights to make anyone really care outside the hardcores, and should just try to rack up quality wins and people will eventually demand the big fights!! Donaire is taking the Pacman path, fighting "used to be" good fighters he knows he will beat while claiming a bogus p4p status. They are probably our future greats but for now they need to build more. Donaire's blatant ducking is kind of understandable cause he has more to lose, but to be honest aside from an undersized Montiel and Vic D, Nonito's record is padded with bums anyway so he's no better.

Comment

Working...
                      X