Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

was lara beating p-will a result of how messed up Martinez left him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Principe View Post
    Yeah that waws embrassing since quintana was Way shorter then willams and still beat him bad
    Quintana is shorter I agree, but he's not that short, he's actually taller than Lara, Lara is 5 9, Quintana is 5 10, both would be considered "tall" WW's. But all 3 Martinez, Lara, and Quintana are perfect height for 154 pounders. They would be NBA players at 147. Although 5 9 isn't overly tall at WW, but 5 10+ is a pretty tall WW.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyZoi View Post
      Maybe Paul Williams was always OVERRATED?!?! Ever thought of that. Everyone always said hes the most feared fighter etc. Which made me laugh
      There were only like 2 or 3 fighters that genuinely wanted to fight P-Will during his time at the top...

So why did the statement make you laugh?

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyZoi View Post
        Maybe Paul Williams was always OVERRATED?!?! Ever thought of that. Everyone always said hes the most feared fighter etc. Which made me laugh
        Outworking Antonio Margarito at a time no one wanted Margarito, in his own backyard essentially? Yea, very overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          First of all Molina is not a bad fighter.

Lara probably had an off night with Molina/or the night of his life with P-Will.

P-Will just can't get away from the left hands.

Lara is a very skilled fighter talented fighter.

All the punches that P-Will has taken throughout his career might have caught up to him.
          molina has just 6 AM fights vs laras 200 plus and still beat him

Comment

Originally posted by Principe View Post
            molina has just 6 AM fights vs laras 200 plus and still beat him
            It was a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Loc Jr View Post
              Outworking Antonio Margarito at a time no one wanted Margarito, in his own backyard essentially? Yea, very overrated.
              i thought p-will was a little overrated but still a very good fighter but nothing special kinda like maidana

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                It was a draw.
                yeah like paul willams ''win'' over lara LOL molina won that fight so much so everyone on here said lara was exposed etc

Comment

Partly, but it was more that Martinez showed Williams could be hurt and easily hit with home run power shots like the overhand left or left hook off the back foot. I'm not convinced Williams is done, but he might be better served by moving back to WW (if he still can,) fighting guys like Berto and Ortiz, while calling out Mayweather and Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    It's the result of Martinez creating the blueprint for Lara to follow.
                    I agree. I think the promoters will find williams a bum he can easliy k.o. for his next fight.

Comment

Lara deserves credit one thing to have a gameplan another to actually make it work.

Then take into account paul and his trainers mindset that there was nothing wrong with his approach when there was a obvious-serious flaw in his defensive habits.

Fighters tend to never be the same after suffering devastating KO like that add the wear and tear and he looked like a guy facing the end

Comment

Working...
                      X