No announcement yet.

duran vs leonard 3- a sad sight to see

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by solo1bc
    The best way to fight a bully like Duran is to frustrate the hell out of them! Sugar Ray did what he had to do to win and you can't argue with that!
    That's exactly the same thing he did in their second fight and Duran looked just as frustrated the last time. It just seemed worse cause Duran looked like a damn merchant and Ray made him fight like one.

Comment

actually the one duran wasnt outclassed.he was only down 4 rounds to 2 with one round even on 2 of the cards and 4 round to 3 on the other .i have no idea why duran quit.probably because he knew leonard was a coward who would just run like a scared woman

Comment

Deciding not to get hit by Roberto Duran doesn't make you a coward! That makes you ****in clever!

It's called 'Boxing' and not just 'Fighting' for a reason! It's a sport with different ways to win!

Comment

leanord should of fought like a man he was fighting a 38 yr old ex lightweight, there should have been a barkley rematch instead, that would have been much more exciting for the fans, but money talks

Comment

Manos de Piedra

Comment

Glad that Leonard won, but it wasn't a good fight.

Comment

How can anyone say Leonard disrespected Duran....in their first bout Duran called Leonard's wife a disparaging name and he also mugged for the camera at the end....what goes around comes around....I don't have sympathy for either fighter as both were great but held on too long and that's their choice.

Comment

duran in his prime would beat leonard in his prime. duran was past his prime in their first fight in montreal and still dominated leonard from first bell to last.in his prime he had amazing stamina,power and good speed.he also had good counterpunching skills,but is best as a banger. he was relentless and used his jab and slipped to get inside, and when he was in he punished his opponents with brutal combinations to the body. yes leonard would have a chance of stayin away from him in the first few rounds, but soon fatigue would be setting in and duran would slow him down and finish him off.duran in his prime could keep a fast pace throughout a fight and this would be telling in the later rounds.

Comment

when duran was prepared to fight and younger then 38 leanord wasnt dancing but if duran is old and out of shape then he dances, what a coward move, leanord robbed the fans of duran barkley 2

Comment

Czars

Originally posted by czars_salad
                      hagler may have won that fight. leonard would launch a barrage of punches in the first 30 seconds of a round, then hagler outclassed leonard in the middle part of all rounds....up to the last 30 seconds wherein leonard unleash another flurry of punches.

it was like this, leonard won the fight based on impressions. but it was hagler who really fought a real fight
                      I saw that fight and I was disgusted with it. Hagler plainly won in the opinion of about 80% of the people in attendance. I was never a big Leonard fan (there is only ONE Sugar Ray!), but that fight made me hate him.

Hagler kicked his ass, but I figured going in that the only way he could win was by KO, because Leonard was a crowd favorite and media darling. Bad day for boxing...

Comment

Working...
                      X