Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Khan beating Canelo be as shocking as Ali beating Foreman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Khan beating Canelo be as shocking as Ali beating Foreman?

I've heard the same sort of rhetoric used and people have called it suicide and not many have given a chance and reasonably so, he's fighting a fighter who's one of the best at a much bigger weight class. And his punch resistance has always been questionable against lower calibre fighters. If Khan wins will it be just as much of an upset as Ali-Foreman and will he have won you over to become or a fan or just give him the respect he deserves?
    Bigger
    42.86%
    Similar
    33.33%
    Not as big
    23.81%

Similer but khan hater would be like "conelo was over hyped doe he was never good doe "

Comment

If he does win then yes it would be a shocker

Comment

Canelo isn't fearsome like Foreman was. He isn't a killer. He's a solid boxer with decent power and ring intelligence. Unlike Foreman, Canelo needs the judges to like him, which they apparently do.

Comment

Foreman was 40-0 (37 KOs), including a KO2 over Norton and a KO2 over Frazier who had won a fight against Ali, and he was considerably younger.

Canelo isn't as terrifying a ring a figure as young Foreman was, but he's considerably larger than Khan and appears to be the more talented boxer. Plus, Khan's chin has been shaky in each division he has fought at through now.

I'd say Khan beating Canelo would (debatably) be about equally shocking but for much different reasons.
          Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 02-11-2016, 01:12 PM.

Comment

I haven't seen a LOT of Canelo, but I kind of think Amir could do this, simply because he's taken the fight.

I'm not calling him a cherry picker, but he knows what he's doing. I'm surprised he's such an underdog tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
              I haven't seen a LOT of Canelo, but I kind of think Amir could do this, simply because he's taken the fight.

I'm not calling him a cherry picker, but he knows what he's doing. I'm surprised he's such an underdog tbh.
              I think you are underestimating Khans tendency to be completely delusional about his own ability.

I have no doubt he thinks he can win

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                I think you are underestimating Khans tendency to be completely delusional about his own ability.

I have no doubt he thinks he can win
                His line about "I've proved I've got one o'best chins in t'world" was certainly a classic.

Comment

Yeah it would be a major shock, but nothing will ever be bigger than that. At least not until boxing commands the world's attention again.

Comment

Lol 2 people saying not as big. They sre getting nerbous now cos they think khan might pull it off. Khan was a laughing stock @ 140 and147 and now he's up2 more divisions atnelos beloved155. People want to know if gg really is king at 160?

It would be biggest upset in history!
                    Last edited by hugh grant; 02-11-2016, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X