Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do these Eastern European/Russian fighters seem to hit so hard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    These new wave of fighters seem to have devastating power and are tough as nails. Why is this? is it genetics? upbringing? the environment? post and discuss
    Much stronger more bone density. Eastern Europeans always win weight lifting contest

Comment

Madaina seemed to have knock a few screws loose from Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
        Not necessarily.

If you average 3-4 rounds like someone like Kovalev, getting hit less than 50 times a fight, you will sustain less punishment over the course of your career than a defensive fighter who fights on average 12 rounds per fight getting hit 300 times per fight.

Look how defensive Ali was and how much of a killer Foreman was; then compare their current conditions. Heck, look how defenisve Mayweather Sr, Toney and Sweat P were and think about their current speaking conditions.

Goes to show how fighting past your shelf life effects you potentially more than being a killer and getting the fight over with and putting your opponent on the defensive immediately and leaving them shelled up scared to open up.

Another good example of this was Kov vs Hopkins. Hopkins rarely threw anything back because he was so concerned about getting out the way.
        Kovalev is a guy who ends most of his fights earlier than most other aggressive fighters. Being aggressive doesn't mean ending fights earlier...it could mean getting counter punched for 12 rounds or getting KO'd by a big counter. So Kovalev isn't a good example to refute my comments.

Comment

No idea but Kovalev is getting chinned watch this space lol

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
            Kovalev is a guy who ends most of his fights earlier than most other aggressive fighters. Being aggressive doesn't mean ending fights earlier...it could mean getting counter punched for 12 rounds or getting KO'd by a big counter. So Kovalev isn't a good example to refute my comments.
            But this is the type of aggressive I'm talking about. Not someone like Bam Bam Rios.

To take it a step further, a guy like Anthony Joshua is not someone I foresee being punch drunk at the end of his career even though he doesn't dance or run in the ring and has a 100% KO ratio. How he does against better competition remains to be seen though.

Shannon Briggs has never been a dancing defensive fighter. He took a beating from Vitali and doesn't remotely resemble being punch drunk while having fought for close to 20 years.

So many other examples for me. Even a Frank Bruno who had 38 KO's out of 40 fights.

Again, although Floyd has merit to his rationale, but I sincerely hope boxing doesn't take the FMJ course style of fighting. In fact, I hope this Euro style will bring African American fighters back to being the aggressive killers they once war.

A guy like Jermall Charlo is on that path.
            Last edited by Chollo Vista; 01-30-2016, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Slavs.

That is what I can think of as far as the power aspect is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                These new wave of fighters seem to have devastating power and are tough as nails. Why is this? is it genetics? upbringing? the environment? post and discuss
                non GMO communist diet.

Comment

Mega Red Multivitamins.

Comment

GGG is neither Russian nor Eastern European.

Comment

All of this Russian worship it will be great when Russia decides to bomb America.

Comment

Working...
                      X