Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Welterweight division is ruled by Non Welterweights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    zab had won the lineal ww title before he fought floyd. at what pointis he a ww and not an ex JWW?
    Judah had a lose coming into the Mayweather fight. Do you really want to defend that title defense by Floyd?

Yes, Baldomier had the title that he just got from Judah by beating Gotti, so Mayweather decides to than fight Baldomier, after Judah, avoiding Margarito saying Goosen going to pay him 1 dollar more than the Margarito fight but Floyd had to fight for Goosen i thin for 1 or 2 fights.

Floyd has good people looking out for him, maybe some of the best management team of all time, i don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by bose View Post
      But it was cool to finally see Bailey win a title.

Paulie earned his respect during the Cotto fight. Past his prime and still doing very well, props to him.
      I think Bailey won a title earlier in his career at Junior Welterweight also.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
        I think Bailey won a title earlier in his career at Junior Welterweight also.

I don't recall that. Unless you mean he held one of the other lower titles, wbo?

Comment

"Non welterweights"

Lmao...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

WW is the best division in boxing atm.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Khan beat Diaz at WW

And rios just fought at WW and said he will stay there, sounds like a WW to me
              I thought the diaz fight was JWW. My bad. SO they have 1 ww win between them, I didn't know that constituted ruiling ww.

Comment

Judah had a lose coming into the Mayweather fight. Do you really want to defend that title defense by Floyd?

Yes, Baldomier had the title that he just got from Judah by beating Gotti, so Mayweather decides to than fight Baldomier, after Judah, avoiding Margarito saying Goosen going to pay him 1 dollar more than the Margarito fight but Floyd had to fight for Goosen i thin for 1 or 2 fights.

Floyd has good people looking out for him, maybe some of the best management team of all time, i don't know.
                you didn't answer the question. When does zab become a ww and not an ex JWW?

Comment

I don't recall that. Unless you mean he held one of the other lower titles, wbo?
                  WBO is not universally regarded as a "lower" title.
                  The main 4 titles are IBF, WBC, WBA and WBO.
                  Bailey won the WBO Light Welterweight Title in 1999 and also an Interim WBA title in 2002: http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...6750&cat=boxer

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    I thought the diaz fight was JWW. My bad. SO they have 1 ww win between them, I didn't know that constituted ruiling ww.
                    So you have to win at the division to be at the division?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      So you have to win at the division to be at the division?
                      You have to win in the division to "rule" the division. Rios, for instance, could go back to 140, hence he wouldn't be in the division.

Comment

Working...
                      X