Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Press and Fan scores for Pacquiao-Marquez 4..Rematch needed??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest if I was team Pac I would say that's it, JMM has his number and that's about it... Even when Pac won he didn't really win but got controversy decisions from the judges, JMM is just a pain in the as* for him.

Comment

Look at it this way if it would have been the other way around an Pacquiao would have knocked Marquez out would there be talk of a rematch? The answer is no, so why should Marquez give Pacquiao a rematch?

Comment

Originally posted by PR Boxer View Post
        Look at it this way if it would have been the other way around an Pacquiao would have knocked Marquez out would there be talk of a rematch? The answer is no, so why should Marquez give Pacquiao a rematch?
        because pacquaio gave him one even if he did'nt have too , thats why...

Comment

God I wish these two were young again!

Comment

Pacquiao 1,4,5
            JMM 2,3

47-46 Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
              The difference is those fights were close and many felt should have gone to JMM. Pacquiao got KTFO.

JMM is the only one with a clear win.

Comment

Except you miss the point of why he wanted a rematch with Marquez in the first place. It was because so many people kept saying that Marquez beat him. So Manny said that he wanted to wipe the doubt in peoples minds on who is the best between the two. So he rematched Marquez not for Marquez's sake but for his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d
                  That wasn't the reason either, they wanted Cotto first and then Chose JMM for $$$.
                  Well yeah but we need to go by what they say in the media. But it was obviously for the money that they had another fight. Manny just stated that he wanted a rematch so he could shut the doubters up. This fight was def about money though and him beating Marquez without any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    The knockout made all score cards unnecessary and irrelevant.
                    end thread

Comment

I think the Pac v JMM 3 left a lot of people unconvinced, many people thought Jmm got done in by the Judges (whether that is true or not is up for debate). I think Pac is a proud fighter and wanted to set the record straight by not leaving any doubts that he was superior. Unfortunately for him he got KO'd. Also, the money for JMM v Pac 4 was better than any other fight for Manny (except MW fight, but we know that was not going to happen).

I think the fifth would not really solve much, if its a close/controversial fight it will probably be the last fight and leave a sour taste in the boxing world's mouth. The 4th was a definitive result, no controversy (unless something comes up in the drug tests which would suck for boxing). I think this should be the last fight in this great rivalry.

Comment

Working...
                      X