Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Mexico ignored in the campaign?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the majority of drug money were to be removed from our banking system, our country would collapse financially. There is also no clear cut answer when dealing with immigration and the drug war. After all, the billions we give Mexico come from American tax payers.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
      If the majority of drug money were to be removed from our banking system, our country would collapse financially. There is also no clear cut answer when dealing with immigration and the drug war. After all, the billions we give Mexico come from American tax payers.
      How about legalizing drugs?

The war on drugs seems to me a lost cause. Numerous lives lost, constant money drain, it further expands government bureaucracy, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
        I remember Romney briefly mentioning "fast and furious" in the 2nd debate. It seemed like he was forced to change the subject immediately afterword's.
        Odd that Cuauht would ignore a policy of this administration's that allowed over 2,000 weapons to enter Mexico without trackers or informing Mexican officials, that has since been responsible for hundreds of Mexican lives (and US Border Patrol agent Brian Terry.) Now that the election is over and Obama invoked Executive Privilege on this issue besides, it isn't necessary to pretend it never happened (or the disastrous consequences.)

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        There's too much drug money coming into this country though for them to stop it.
        It is my understanding that most of the drug money originates from the users in this country. That money ends up in the hands of cartels, corrupt politicians/policemen/soldiers and those who grow/manufacture/process those drugs in Mexico and Central/South America (which hurts our economy and helps theirs.)

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
          Odd that Cuauht would ignore a policy of this administration's that allowed over 2,000 weapons to enter Mexico without trackers or informing Mexican officials, that has since been responsible for hundreds of Mexican lives (and US Border Patrol agent Brian Terry.) Now that the election is over and Obama invoked Executive Privilege on this issue besides, it isn't necessary to pretend it never happened (or the disastrous consequences.)

It is my understanding that most of the drug money originates from the users in this country. That money ends up in the hands of cartels, corrupt politicians/policemen/soldiers and those who grow/manufacture/process those drugs in Mexico and Central/South America (which hurts our economy and helps theirs.)
          Others make profits in this country too. Not all the money ends up with the Cartels. The Cartels work with others in this country to bring hte drugs into various places across the country. Then those that the cartel works with distribute it where they are located, and they give the Cartel a percentage of what is sold, but the Cartel also gives them a percentage to haul the drugs and sell them on the street.

There's tons and tons of drug money coming into this country man. If government wanted to end the drug cartels, you don't think we could send troops/forces into Mexico and take them out???

Comment

I think they're getting tired of Mexico and their fumbling problems with the drug wars. I think it's more of what can Mexico do for me? You ignore it and what happens? No one really cared. Same shyt different day.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              Others make profits in this country too. Not all the money ends up with the Cartels. The Cartels work with others in this country to bring hte drugs into various places across the country. Then those that the cartel works with distribute it where they are located, and they give the Cartel a percentage of what is sold, but the Cartel also gives them a percentage to haul the drugs and sell them on the street.
              Doesn't matter. They are all making that money off of the end user, the American drug addict.

There's tons and tons of drug money coming into this country man.
              Any amount coming in is inconsequentially small in comparison to what's leaving.

If government wanted to end the drug cartels, you don't think we could send troops/forces into Mexico and take them out???
              For every one we helped kill/imprison, someone would spring up to take their place. As long as their is a demand in this country, people will continue to fill that demand.

Comment

campaigning is a result based phenomenon

it's like training a fighter

if he wins, who really cares?

i don't want to insult you, cuat, but that's the way campaigns are run. they arent' looking to be fair or to address everybody's concerns. they want to win the fight.

Comment

Working...
                X