Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cloud vs Campillo thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, just like Yusif Mack early in that fight was effective and was out-boxing Cloud, but Cloud is so damn relentless with his Pressure and he has a damn good chin, if Campillo can stick and move for 12 Rounds then he probably could get the Decision because I think Cloud can be OUT-BOXED

but I just think Cloud will walk him down, cut the ring off and catch Campillo late in this fight, Cloud actually has pretty good Footwork though, he is excellent and stalk his prey and cornering them, he is not one of those SLOW ROBOTIC BRAWLERS

Honestly, he is the closes thing I have seen to Hagler in YEARS, of course he is not Hagler, but he has that similar style...Boxer/Brawler
    Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 02-15-2012, 02:10 PM.

Comment

I think Campillo will start strong but probably gets stopped late.

Comment

Yea, Cloud is no robotic fighter, he has good athleticism. and he doesn't just walk people down, he puts forth little subtle feints and movements and rolls his shoulder back pretty well, when coming forward. He has one of the best counter right hands in boxing, it's still raw, but with more experience, and as he improves, I seriously think Cloud will be seriously hard for anyone to beat given his conditioning, endurance and chin alone, makes him extremely difficult to deal with. He's really the first fighter I've seen MAKE Glen Johnson clinch and take breathers, and actually be able to back Glen up. Not to mention he badly staggered Glen on two occasions if I remember correctly, I can't remember the last time Johnson was staggered quite like the way Cloud staggered him.

Comment

It'll be a good fight, and he'll trouble Cloud. I expect Cloud to catch him late though. It'll be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerRightHook View Post
            Well, he fought Shumenov twice (and beat him once), had two fights with Murat, go watch Campillo-Murat II, it's a good fight

He should have won both fights.

Comment

I am going for Cloud in this one I want to see him fight the big names at 174.

Comment

I dont like the yusef mack comparison.

Campillo has the stamina to last this fight. Mack is know to fade.
                Campillo is a rangu southpaw who may not jump around the ring, but he doesnt waste movement either, he'll be turning cloud (oh yea, another reason why some fool that compared the fight to the glen johnson fight is a fool).

Im not sure how cloud has looked against southPaws in his career but this is gonna be a tough fight. If cloud keeps him composure and cuts the ring down effectively and maybe steps up his bodywork (which is already good), he should win by pts or tko. If he's not sharp though, i can see campillo outpointing him.

This is a ballsy fight for cloud and he deserves props.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
                  I agree, just like Yusif Mack early in that fight was effective and was out-boxing Cloud, but Cloud is so damn relentless with his Pressure and he has a damn good chin, if Campillo can stick and move for 12 Rounds then he probably could get the Decision because I think Cloud can be OUT-BOXED

but I just think Cloud will walk him down, cut the ring off and catch Campillo late in this fight, Cloud actually has pretty good Footwork though, he is excellent and stalk his prey and cornering them, he is not one of those SLOW ROBOTIC BRAWLERS

Honestly, he is the closes thing I have seen to Hagler in YEARS, of course he is not Hagler, but he has that similar style...Boxer/Brawler
                  Yousef wastes a lot of energy in his fights jumping around the ring.

I'm interested to see if campillo can frustrate cloud.. If cloud wins, id give my right pinky to see him get shumenov in the ring and blast that fraud back to stanistan or wherever.

Comment

I got Campillo by decision. Cloud is dangerous but easy to outbox for a skilled technician like Campillo, he's gonna land his bombs every now and then but if Campillo's chin holds up he got this.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                      Yousef wastes a lot of energy in his fights jumping around the ring.

I'm interested to see if campillo can frustrate cloud.. If cloud wins, id give my right pinky to see him get shumenov in the ring and blast that fraud back to stanistan or wherever.
                      Shumenov is trash I don't even want to see the winner of this waste a defense on that clown.

Comment

Working...
                      X