Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Paulie Mallinaggi so disrespected on here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
    Poster act like anyone can beat him...The main reason is the claim he has no power..that may be true on the elite level but even then what does that say about his skill set??? The less power you have does that not mean the more skills you need?
    Good post.

Paulie is a champion, a solid boxer, and has a decent resume. He's also a good announcer. Why the man gets hate on here I will never understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
      What skill-set? What was so great about his skill-set? People automatically assume that because you fight on the back-foot and have speed that you are skilled. He had a decent jab and could move around the ring (excessively, making his fights extremely hard to watch) but please, tell us these great skills he had? BTW don't tell me he was slick, because he had a porous defence.

The guy was massively overrated. He fought a gutsy fight against Cotto and beat Juan Diaz but aside from that? Gifts against Ngoudjo and Cano? Completely whitewashed by Hatton who had already been KTFO twice? Nearly every time he stepped up, he was exposed for being the extremely limited fighter he was.

He made a career on being a big mouth from New York who it was safe to put your fighter in against.
      So you think you can just walk off the street and be a 2 world champion?

Comment

People don't like Floyd and he's undoubtably great.

Personality matters to people's likes and dislikes.

Comment

So you think you can just walk off the street and be a 2 world champion?
          Because boxing doesn't suffer from an excessive number of champions, right? Multiple champions in each division?

Tell me about this great skill-set Larry. Tell me when it was on display best.

Comment

Because boxing doesn't suffer from an excessive number of champions, right? Multiple champions in each division?

good post

the word champion gets branded about way too often in boxing

we all saw what happened to 4 time world "champion" broner

Comment

Now, let's also talk about his personality.

Firstly, going after Haymon, only to then sign for Haymon and become an unofficial cheerleader for all things affiliated with Al Haymon.

Then, going after Pac as a PED user, whilst later signing up with Memo. Then NEVER going after one of the most suspicious fighters in the game, Mr Retrospective TUE himself, Floyd Mayweather. You wanna go hard after PED cheats Paulie? Don't just go after the passive Filipino, go after the big dog. Oh, what's that? You're a big Floyd fan? Oh, OK then.

Let's also not forget him going after Porter as a juicer too when he got his ass beat. Because of course, a non-juicing Porter would never have been able to destroy Paulie's mediocre ass without the PEDs

Comment

Now, let's also talk about his personality.

Firstly, going after Haymon, only to then sign for Haymon and become an unofficial cheerleader for all things affiliated with Al Haymon.

Then, going after Pac as a PED user, whilst later signing up with Memo. Then NEVER going after one of the most suspicious fighters in the game, Mr Retrospective TUE himself, Floyd Mayweather. You wanna go hard after PED cheats Paulie? Don't just go after the passive Filipino, go after the big dog. Oh, what's that? You're a big Floyd fan? Oh, OK then.

Let's also not forget him going after Porter as a juicer too when he got his ass beat. Because of course, a non-juicing Porter would never have been able to destroy Paulie's mediocre ass without the PEDs
                Sheesh, that burns brah.

Comment

When he beat world level fighters???

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                    good post

the word champion gets branded about way too often in boxing

we all saw what happened to 4 time world "champion" broner
                    What happened to him? he moved up 4 divisions and lost to other world level fighters?

Comment

What happened to him? he moved up 4 divisions and lost to other world level fighters?
                      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=540561

the belts clouded your opinion

sorry larry, i had to do it

Comment

Working...
                      X