Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the excuses are to duck martinez now..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champ_kw View Post
    So his legacy is tied to a guy who couldn't separate himself from a Marquez in 4 fights and a middleweight? You guys are pathethic. It's easier just to flat out say you just don't like him. Trying to justify it with "boxing" reasons is embarrassing.

Both are ridiculously hyped. I just wish they'd stop talking about 'super fights' when, in reality, they have no intention of making them.

I want to see unification and super fights, that's all. To me, that defines 'greatness'.

Comment

apparently floyd fans dont think he should fight sergio at 154 as he will b accused of drainging Sergio.?

Well they should have thought about that before Floyd bloated JMM up 2 divisions. Floyd dont mind criticm so dont make excuses for floyd to not fight once again.

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
        The problem you Floyd-haters have is that when Floyd fights one guy you automatically say he's ducking another guy. Look what's happening now.

If he fights Canelo, then he's ducking the Ghost and Martinez. If he fights the Ghost, then he's ducking Canelo, right?

Admittedly, he could have fought Pac, but Pac can be accused of ducking that fight just as much as Floyd.

To say Floyd was ducking Margo is ridiculous.
        I don't think it's ridiculous to say Mayweather ducked Margarito. The fight was there, but Mayweather had his sights on De la Hoya (a fight Arum didn't want to make). He opted for Baldomir, who was the number one welterweight but not the greater threat. Call it a business move, or facing the lineal champ or whatever but Mayweather could've fought Margarito and didn't. Marg, then losing to Williams at the wrong time didn't help, but doesn't change much.

I'd like to ask the threadstarter to define the term "cherry picking". I'm curious.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          apparently floyd fans dont think he should fight sergio at 154 as he will b accused of drainging Sergio.?

Well they should have thought about that before Floyd bloated JMM up 2 divisions. Floyd dont mind criticm so dont make excuses for floyd to not fight once again.
          Show us your posts criticizing Pacquiao for doing exactly the same thing to Marquez, bringing Bradley up in weight, Draining Cotto down to 145lbs, refusing to fight Mosley at the first opportunity- unless at 142lbs, fighting a shot Marg- at catchweight or even attempting to drain Cotto down again. When was the last time Pacquiao fought a welterweight at welterweight? Tell us an excuse for that.

Praise 'em all or slate 'em all.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
            floyd claimes he is great, but what great fighter has he defeated?

hell has he ever defeated a fighter in his prime?

no, the closest was hatton but that was at 147 and he was hatton was never that good in the first place, he was good at 140 though

floyd simply avoided the most dangerous fighters through out, on youtube you can see so many videos of him admitting that, when he got called out face to face vs margo but *****ed out

when he said live on air he does not take the dangerous fighters to save his record and so on

All I see here are excuses from guys like larry

Prime Kosta, Mosley, Margo, Cotto, Pacman and martinez

excuses to why he has ducked them, it is pathetic

come on, look at his prime, who did he really fight? oscar and ricky bloody hatton, seriously?

what career defining fight has he had?

nothing

I won't see this again but I am sure guys like Prettyboy and larry post 10 excuses why he avoided the best

also I want to ask, he fights once year, and pretty much takes crappy fights, everytime we hear it is a tune up, tune up tune up and tune up

every ****ing year it is a tune up?

he ducked pac but can save his legacy by taking out martinex at 154...yet all we hear are excuses
            Talent wise he's the biggest ducker in the history of the sport. Not quit as blatant as Calzaghe but just as bad. Mayweathers career is just a more well orchestrated fraud post 135.

FMJ "We aint fighting to see who the best is"

Comment

Floyd ducked Tszyu and Mosley???

See, this is when you can tell who's been on boxing for awhile and who knows their s**t, and who doesn't. Floyd entered 140 in 2004, when Tszyu was injured. Tszyu came back and Floyd openly voiced fighting the winner of Tszyu-Hatton, and Tszyu lost. Oh well. And Floyd was gunning for Mosley in 2005-2006, it was Shane, not Floyd, who wanted nothing to do with that fight. And if you want to say he avoided Cotto in 2008, than you better be willing to say Cotto and his team avoided Floyd in 2005 when both were top 140 lb fighters.

And if you say Floyd avoided Pac, than you better be willing to say Pac avoided Floyd, because it was BOTH of their faults for that not going down. None of them wanted it at the same time.

And now you call for Sergio at 38 to go down to a weigh the hasn't been to in 4 years and 8 fights. All I hear is Floyd is avoiding this guy or that guy, but the guys Floyd is supposedly avoiding are steady avoiding their own fights as well. See Pacquiao-Mosley in 2009-2010 and see Martinez-Golovkin/Pirog/Geale right now. I mean Floyd is ducking the Middleweight champion of the world, are you serious???

Oh and Manfredy, Corrales, Chavez, C. Hernandez, Castillo, Judah, Hatton, Ortiz, all in their primes. I mean how the f**k is fighting the #2 WW and the #1 SWW tune ups??? Floyd Mayweather is held to the most ridiculous standard I've seen in my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lc9K...e=results_main

I don't know how to embed videos. But check this post interview of Mosley's post-fight interview after beating Vargas the second time. He doesn't sound too keen does he?

I guess that takes care of one of your names.

I can't even be bothered to go into timelines on Tszyu, Cotto and Martinez but anyone who knows their boxing history knows why those fights either happened when they did, or didn't at all. The only fights Mayweather could've taken that he didn't were Margarito and Pacquiao. But hey, when a fighter walks away from a 50/50 offer and stringent PED testing (which EVERYONE seems to want now), what can you do?

Mayweather is not nearly the greatest fighter of all time, one of the most skillful boxers but despite all his achievements (being champion for, what, nearly 15 years, beating more champions and former champions than anyone else of his generation, winning titles at multiple divisions, being twice fighter of the year, a top P4P fighter for a decade), inactivity and shameless pursuit of the almighty dollar has seen him miss opportunities to leave no doubt in anyone's mind of his place in boxing history.

On a side note, these threads seem to have been more in abundance in the last week or so. I guess the mourning period of a certain planking is subsiding. We must be in the "anger" phase (being that "shock", "denial" and "sadness" have passed).
                I know right? Nobody was calling gayweather a cherry picking fraud before pac got ktfo and the biggest fight in boxing history was flushed down the toilet.

Comment

Floyd fans want to see him fight the unproven ginger. Snatch the title & run into retirement without facing Martinez. Then they're gonna complain when he gets no props. Same crap, different day.

Comment

The only fights that haven't that could have or should have for Floyd that could have added to his legacy possibly at the time were Tszyu, Wright, Margarito, and Pacquiao.

Tszyu was not Floyd's fault. Floyd had been very vocal about fighting Tszyu since he whupped Corrlaes in 2001. When Floyd entered 140, Tszyu was injured in 2004. Tszyu came back, and Floyd openly said he wanted to fight the winner of Tszyu-Hatton, Tszyu lost. Floyd tried to fight Hatton at 140, but Hatton and his side said he wasn't ready. That fight happened anyway in 2007. How is that Floyd's fault???

Floyd was trying to jump 2 weight classes to fight Winky Wright. Arum and Shaw couldn't agree on the split, with Shaw openly saying Wright had too much to lose and nothing to gain, which was pretty much true. It's like Mayweather-Martinez basically, what does Sergio stand to gain from beating someone that much smaller than him??? His hope would be that Floyd went on to beat other Middleweight fighters or something, like how Marquez went on to beat Manny at WW after Floyd beat him there.

Margarito, this one you could place blame on Floyd. But you have to be fair and realize Floyd openly admitted he'd fight Margarito for 8 million, if Arum could get him the Oscar and Cotto fights for the money he wanted. Arum said no he wasn't willing to do that, even though Floyd ended up getting that money anyway to fight Baldomir, Oscar, and Hatton (2 of these fighters Floyd was also supposedly ducking at the time). You could also look and see in 2006 that Floyd has his eyes set on Mosley and Oscar, the two biggest fights for him at the time, and those were still good fights at the time he did. So I think it had more to do with Floyd eyeing the bigger fights and Floyd/Arum not being able to do business together.

And Pacquiao, BOTH of their faults. Only the moronic fans can't admit that. None of them wanted it at the same time. When it was agreed for March 2010, Pac and his side straight up turned down the fight and didn't agree with the testing cutoff. Than, when they were finally ready to agree, Floyd changed his s**t and said test till fight night randomly. Now Floyd did change his wish here, which was dumb at the time, but Pac could have easily just agreed. Instead he didn't agree to testing until Late 2011. Then he said he'd take less money to make it happen, but then when they were getting ready to fight possibly in May 2012, Arum and Pac said 50-50 or no fight. Than Floyd goes to jail and gets out, he should have openly voiced wanting to fight Manny right away, instead he stayed silent not really saying much. He should have just called him out once again for the fight. Then Manny flips and says he'll agree to take less money again, but this was only after he signed to fight Marquez. You see, no one involved wanted this s**t at the same time, one of the biggest f** ups in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by champ_kw View Post
                      So his legacy is tied to a guy who couldn't separate himself from a Marquez in 4 fights and a middleweight? You guys are pathethic. It's easier just to flat out say you just don't like him. Trying to justify it with "boxing" reasons is embarrassing.
                      Such an idiotic post and sums up what these flowmos think they achieved with the Marquez KO. Guess what newbs styles make fights. Did Ali and Frazier go life and death in three fights with Frazier winning the first one? YES. Did Frazier Get KTFO by Foremen easy? YES. Ok so by your Flowmo logic Foreman should destroy Ali. But that's not what happened is it? Boxing doesn't work that way. Anyone using Pac Marquez as a measuring stick for Pac Gayweather is a complete newb ******.

This is why these mouth breathers are celebrating? Idiots like Frank Suckdixs and reloaded think the fight helped them polish the Mayweather turd.

Comment

Working...
                      X