Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner: I’m Elite, Ricky Burns Will Get Burned!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he's so confident he won't mind going over to Scotland then.

Comment

MASSACRE! LOL Burns doesn't stand a chance. 1st or 2nd round KO.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
        I think he'll ko burns in one round,that guy is just too slow and no power,broner will just walk him down the first 30 seconds and ko him one minute later
        KO in 1 round?! Don't be ridiculous. Did you see Burns' last fight? Did you see him beat Rocky Martinez or Michael Katsidis?

I'm sold on Broner too, the kid's a star, but Burns is very good. He looked awesome in his last fight and he's huge at 135lbs. He's also punching with authority, which you won't know if you're a BoxRec warrior and just judge him by his modest KO ratio.

I think Broner would beat Burns too, but it won't be a one-round blow-out. Burns is big, strong, extremely tough, has a world-class engine, great reach/jab and hits well to the body. If his last fight is any indication, he's also added some punch power to his arsenal. Everyone, predictably, is placing a crown on Broner's head after the other night, but it's premature. For one, DeMarco was overrated, extremely limited, and Broner didn't look especially awesome in the first 4 rounds. He only really opened up when it became apparent DeMarco was staying in the pocket without offering much resistance. It's not like he went in and smashed DeMarco to pieces from round 1 like Mayweather did against Corrales (and certainly Corrales was superior to DeMarco.)

Comment

What intelligent quips will Broner come up with next?

Mayweather couldn't weather the storm against me.

Comment

Originally posted by S.W.F.C View Post
            If he's so confident he won't mind going over to Scotland then.
            Burns is the Coward ducker and Broner is the #1 lightweight and the bigger now.

time for coward Burns to redeem himself and prove he's not afraid.

Broner KO2

Comment

Originally posted by Catch~Fade View Post

Broner KO2
              So you'll blame it on Burns if the fight doesn't happen? I don't understand why American fighters don't like to travel. If Broner was as confident as he says he is, he wouldn't hesitate to travel to Scotland and dismantle Burns in front of his hometown crowd. What better way to gain new fans?
              Last edited by kiaba360; 11-18-2012, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                I think he'll ko burns in one round,that guy is just too slow and no power,broner will just walk him down the first 30 seconds and ko him one minute later
                Originally posted by Catch~Fade View Post

Broner KO2
                Coward? WTF are you talking about? Have you seen Burns? He's a HUGE lightweight. He gave up the WBO 130lbs belt when it became impossible for him to make weight any more. As a fan of boxing, can't you give a boxer, a world champion no less, the benefit of the doubt? Boxers, almost unanimously, are extremely brave. Burns is already on record as saying he wants a unification next. Looks like it's going to happen in March. So quit crying.

Comment

At least Burns has the size and is physically strong.

1 round KO? Come on now!

That fight probably goes the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    So you'll blame it on Burns if the fight doesn't happen? I don't understand why American fighters don't like to travel. If Broner was as confident as he says he is, he wouldn't hesitate to travel to Scotland and dismantle Burns in front of his hometown crowd. What better way to gain new fans?
                    I see your point, and sort of agree, but at the same time Broner's the star. The logical venue for the fight is Vegas, the Mecca of boxing.

Comment

Broner basically cleaned out out 135 by beating DeMarco's ass its a weak division not much competition for him there I was all for Broner cleaning out the division I changed my mind now I'd rather him go up to 140 and fight meaningful fights than stay at 135 and fight meaningless fights right now he's ready for Rios Garcia Matthysse Khan all tough fights but winnable ones for Broner

Comment

Working...
                      X