No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Broner vs. Burns Fight is Very Possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    I agree that it's an exciting match-up, but Broner won't be getting much credit from me. Gamboa is the one who stands to receive praise if he wins.
    So if Gamboa beats Beltran and than Vazquez/Gesta or Salgado, and than Broner beats him....you won't give Broner credit??? Both would be undefeated and at/near Top 10 P4P.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Yeah but why does everyone think Matthysse kills everyone else??? He looks good, but he sure didn't kill Judah or Alexander at all. You could argue he won those fights, I thought Judah won their fight but it was really really close. I thought he beat Alexander though. But he's killed Soto and Ajose,a nd people think he'll kill every fighter around his weight hands down.

People still sleeping on Danny Garcia I see.
      Matthysse is a competitive fight for anyone @135-140 imho. I think Broner/Matthysse is 50-50.

Comment

Oh I know he is. I'd favor him 100% to beat anyone at 140 with the exception of Marquez and Garcia. I'd favor Marquez 100% over him, and I think Garcia would be 50-50.

But all you see on here is comments like this.....

"Matthysse will tear his head off"
        "Matthysse will skull f**k him"
        Matthysse will f**king kill him"

I mean, the guy killed Ajose and Soto, had close fights with Alexander and Judah, and he kills everyone supposedly. That's all I'm saying.

Comment

So if Gamboa beats Beltran and than Vazquez/Gesta or Salgado, and than Broner beats him....you won't give Broner credit??? Both would be undefeated and at/near Top 10 P4P.
          I'd give Gamboa more credit for beating Broner than vice versa, simply because of the size disparity. I believe in the adage, "A good big man beats a good little man". Broner's size advantage is substantial, and he's pretty good on the inside too. I would change my stance on the issue a little if Gamboa walks through Vasquez/Gesta without showing any decrease in speed/power. However, his ability to take a punch would still be in question. It's possible that Gamboa could be weight-draining himself right now, and he'd take a punch better @LW.

We will see. As of right now, Gamboa stands to gain more from beating Broner.

Comment

I'd give Gamboa more credit for beating Broner than vice versa, simply because of the size disparity. I believe in the adage, "A good big man beats a good little man". Broner's size advantage is substantial, and he's pretty good on the inside too. I would change my stance on the issue a little if Gamboa walks through Vasquez/Gesta without showing any decrease in speed/power. However, his ability to take a punch would still be in question. It's possible that Gamboa could be weight-draining himself right now, and he'd take a punch better @LW.

We will see. As of right now, Gamboa stands to gain more from beating Broner.
            Gamboa isn't tiny though. He was almost 140 lbs on fight night against Ponce, only a couple pounds less than DeMarco. If Gamboa hasn't lost anything during his layoff, I think it's the best fight around that weight. We'll see though.

Comment

Gamboa isn't tiny though. He was almost 140 lbs on fight night against Ponce, only a couple pounds less than DeMarco. If Gamboa hasn't lost anything during his layoff, I think it's the best fight around that weight. We'll see though.
              It's also possible that the size disparity will become irrelevant if Gamboa proves to be too skilled/talented for Broner to handle.

Comment

Stop naming Top Rank & 50 Cent fighters like Gesta, Rios, Bradley, Alvarado and Gamboa, Hell Al Haymon will not put Broner and Garcia in the ring anytime soon..

WBO: Ricky Burns
                WBA: Gavin Rees/Richard Abril winner
                IBF: Miguel Vazquez if he can beat Mercito Gesta

IBF: Lamont Peterson/Kendal Holt winner
                WBA: Joan Guzman/Khabib Allakhverdiev

Comment

Dayum, that long?? If Matthysse gets his chance and beats Garcia, I don't see how Broner is gonna be able to avoid that fight. If Broner continues to fight three times a year, it'll be impossible for him to avoid Matthysse.
                  I don't think it will. Broner will have 2-3 more fights at 135. Burns, Abril/Boegere and maybe a mini-megafight with Gamboa. We're talking all of 2013 and worst case early 2014. So its not happening next year.

Then let's say he moves up to 140. We're in 2014 now. He's not going to fight Matthysse if a title is not on the line. So either Matthysse will have to be a title holder by that time, and that's assuming that he hasn't already moved up to 147 by that time.

That fight is just so far away from happening and depends on several scenarios that can take place over the next 2-3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                    Stop naming Top Rank & 50 Cent fighters like Gesta, Rios, Bradley, Alvarado and Gamboa, Hell Al Haymon will not put Broner and Garcia in the ring anytime soon..

WBO: Ricky Burns
                    WBA: Sharif Bogere/Richard Abril winner
                    IBF: Miguel Vazquez if he can beat Mercito Gesta

IBF: Lamont Peterson/Kendal Holt winner
                    WBA: Joan Guzman/Khabib Allakhverdiev
                    Corrected.

It seems like Broner will become the next cherry-picker in boxing. He says he wants to separate himself from Floyd, but I bet he'll take the same route.
                    Last edited by kiaba360; 11-18-2012, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Bro, Gamboa is like 5'5 and probably gives away close to 10" of reach to Broner. Not only that, he's about 7-8 years older. He has a slight speed advantage over Broner, but not enough to overcome all of his disadvantages. Combine all that with him being sloppy as hell and ripe for the picking for a master counterpuncher like Broner. My guess is that Broner catches the much shorter Gamboa lunging in with looping punches and drops him early and often. And if Gamboa manages to survive that, he'll be reduced to standing on the outside being pot-shotted to death.

Comment

Working...
                      X