Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Garcia still a force?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He never really was a force. Beating Matthyse was really good but since then he hasn't done a great deal: Gift against Herrera for which he wouldn't give a rematch, a catch weight fight with Salka which was probably the biggest joke of a fight in 2014, a catch weight fight and iffy performance against Peterson, a stoppage win over an over the hill Paulie who was on a long layoff after a vicious KO loss. Guerrero was his best win since and a step in the right direction. Decent fighter but force? Definitely not.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      He never really was a force. Beating Matthyse was really good but since then he hasn't done a great deal: Gift against Herrera for which he wouldn't give a rematch, a catch weight fight with Salka which was probably the biggest joke of a fight in 2014, a catch weight fight and iffy performance against Peterson, a stoppage win over an over the hill Paulie who was on a long layoff after a vicious KO loss. Guerrero was his best win since and a step in the right direction. Decent fighter but force? Definitely not.
      There's a definite sense that he has levelled out.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post

... after he "dropped" Lucas, he pissed blood for two weeks (according to Angel, himself)...
        yeah, piss was black, and something was fked with his ear as well.
        i would of thought lucas would be pissing blood considering garcia pounded his dick with about 150 lowblows

Comment

A lot of wishful emotionally driven thought in this thread

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
            Where would you rank him? He struggles with B-level competition consistently and his best win was against a blind Matty ice. His left hook is not knocking people down like it used to.

I know Guerrero is not push over and comes to bang. I just don't see the same Danny Garcia in there anymore. I think he loses to Khan, Thurman, Bradley, Brook, Pac, Matty and Porter is a very 50/50 fight. I also don't
            t think we see Garcia in a mega fight for a while and he fights a guy like Berto next. I believe he chose the high pay/gatekeeper fight career mode boxing path.

Can you blame him?
            Guerrero is tough as nails and this was an impressive win. Garcia fought intelligently and showed a lot of maturity. I don't know what fight everyone else was watching but his counter punching was outstanding and won him the fight esily. Yeah, he struggled in the early rounds but once he settled down he was brilliant. Don't forget that this was a title fight and nerves come in to play. I can only see him getting more comfortable from now on and improving. How anyone thinks he's not a force is baffling, he was electrifiying with those sweet counters and showed resolve when Guerrero unleashed everything at him. I'm starting to think most people don't actually watch full fights and just make assumptions based on highlight reels.

Comment

Possibly.

Under the PBC banner, I favor Thurman and Porter over him, also Brook.
              I think he beats Khan again.

If no politics, Bradley beats him and Pac really lights him up.

IMO I think Spence can beat Garcia with a couple more fights.

Comment

no doubt about it...and as much as I hate his dad as the next guy, I think he's a good strategist aswell

Comment

I wouldn't mind missing Garcia's fights at this point in time.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    Danny Boy got that.....

Comment

Until he loses, he's still a force. And currently, he's continually finding ways to win. There are a gang of fighters out there that would kill to have his resume. Garcia is two to three fights away from having a Hall of Fame career. As long as he can avoid Spence, he should be alright.

Comment

Working...
                      X