No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yoshihiro Kamegai Drills Jose Leal in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yoshihiro Kamegai Drills Jose Leal in Two Rounds

Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan - Japanese promoter Akihiko Honda of Teiken Boxing staged a grand event that was televised in Tokyo by TV program "Dynamic Glove" in its 510th edition.

In the ten round headliner, WBC #6 world ranked welterweight Yoshihiro Kamegai (22-0-1, 18KOs, 30 years old and Teiken Boxing Gym in Tokyo) secured a TKO victory at 1:59 of the second round over Mexican boxer José Alberto "Flaco" Leal (8-5, 4KOs, 30 years old and from Guadalajara, Jalisco). Kamegai controlled the first round and battered Leal with hard power punches in the second.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No surprise... don't know why he went back to fighting bums after that "draw" with Silva

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      No surprise... don't know why he went back to fighting bums after that "draw" with Silva
      To stay busy and in shape. A paycheck is a paycheck and he isn't making a lot of money like some of the other guys. I'm sure he could afford to take a fight off, but if he's gonna get some cash for a little work then he does it. Oldschool mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
        To stay busy and in shape. A paycheck is a paycheck and he isn't making a lot of money like some of the other guys. I'm sure he could afford to take a fight off, but if he's gonna get some cash for a little work then he does it. Oldschool mentality.
        I thought he could've gotten another fight in the states again... or at least better opposition.
        He's 30, hopefully he'll get out in the States more. I'd like to see more of him

Comment

hes one of those boxers you dont mind seeing fighting low opposition. but when he steps up he shows you a good fight

Comment

he needs better competition if Honda is 2 move him...fighting a loser like Leal doesn nothing 4 him...Honda's got the big $$ & needs 2 bring in a quality opponent 2 c what he's really got...

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              I thought he could've gotten another fight in the states again... or at least better opposition.
              He's 30, hopefully he'll get out in the States more. I'd like to see more of him
              I think he's got 5 more years left at this level. He'll come back to the states I'm sure very soon.

Comment

Working...
              X