Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dana White: "My opinion of boxing, is that boxing will eventually go away."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the guy who said mma doesn't have names like Ali, come on now. Maybe not exactly the same level...but Royce Gracie is legendary.

Anderson Silva and GSP are talented beyond their peers...just as many boxers are and were. Style matchups in UFC are just as entertaining as style matchups in boxing. Boxing unfortunately has the advantage in how many assh0les run and ruin the sport. Arum, GBP, King, and many others. UFC had just the one arrogant dbag.

Comment

I much prefer boxing but he does have a few good points. Boxing is by far the worst run/hyped sport on earth. In most cases boxing is killing itself. He did turn around a almost dead sport and put it on mainstream TV and hasnt looked back since.

Ive said it from the start, both sports are not going anywhere, which is kinda bad for both. Nethier we kill the other off. Now we both share the small back page of the sports section under Boxing/MMA.

Comment

He probably meant obsessed Pac fans will go away...They will

Comment

It's really disappointing to see a guy who came form boxing say something like this.

You want to get rid of boxing?

You better nuke Mexico, Puerto Rico, Cuba and the Philippines for starters......because those cultures have it in their blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
            It's really disappointing to see a guy who came form boxing say something like this.

You want to get rid of boxing?

You better nuke Mexico, Puerto Rico, Cuba and the Philippines for starters......because those cultures have it in their blood.
            I agree 100%...Fuk Dana White and his gay film industry.

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
              Yeah, because MMA is such a clean sport...

I read an interview with an unamed steroid nutritionist who claimed that around 90% of all MMA fighters use gear. I mean all sports are full of steroid users, but MMA probably challenges cycling for the #1 spot.
              Your post is now worthless.

...Well that's not true, it was worthless before hand. It's one guys opinion and he likely has no evidence to back it up.

In any event, who cares if pro athletes use roids? It makes **** more exciting.

Plus have you cross trained in 2-3 disciplines per day on top of conditioning 6 days a week?

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRoyJones View Post
                All it would take to shut his mouth is to follow my plan and file lawsuits with State athletic commissions over the use of tiny 4 ounce gloves. Take those easy knockouts away watch mma go away.
                The worst part is even with those tiny 4 ounce gloves they still dont come away with a higher knockout percentage than boxing. The quality of striking between an average boxer and a top notch mma fighter is a world apart. Ask Tim Sylvia.

Comment

He and Joe Rogan always start out with

"I love boxing...." and then proceed to trash it.

Same old tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                    oh please

UFC's been around what? 20 years? and they're talkin about a sport that's been around for over a century going away?
                    UFC been around 17 years.

MMA been around 23.

Comment

As much as I hate MMA, I gotta give it to dana he is a marketing genius. He sells his product once a month for $50 to every white middle class wimp who's never been punched and a bunch of preppy college frat boys. They just eat this **** up.

Boxing is popular with the ethnic street group. We see MMA for what it is, and know boxing will always be better. Most people that watch MMA are soft, they wouldnt last long at my boxing gym.

Comment

Working...
                      X