Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Main reason why Flyod would demand a 10oz gloves.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
    Who ****ing cares??? I swear you people are ridiculous! I've seen like 10 topics about the same crap. Do you have anything better to do than look for stuff to criticize Mayweather about?

Now I can't speak for Mayweather and I have no clue what the glove size will be, but EVERY SINGLE FIGHTER makes some changes on the contract to give them an advantage if they have the power to do so. Stop calling Mayweather out for every single detail.

De La Hoya: Made Mayweather fight with HEAVYWEIGHT gloves, made Mosley come up to 154 for a rematch

Pacquiao: Fought De La Hoya and Cotto at a catch weight, and even tried to get Clottey to come down to 145

Juan Diaz: Fought Malignaggi in a small ring and at a catch weight

Victor Ortiz: Fought Antonio Diaz at 144

Do I hear you guys talking about those? No. Do I hear anyone criticizing DLH for fighting Steve Forbes and Pacquiao instead of Margo, Williams, Martinez, Spinks, etc? No. They just talk about all the times fought good opponents and moved up in weight. Guess what? Floyd did the same exact thing!

Don't get me wrong I'd like to see the fight with 8oz gloves, but you don't see me making 10million topics about it...
    Cotto is a catchweight but not against Dela Hoya. Oscar was at 154 before fighting Pac. So you want Pac to jump 3, not 2, 3 weight divisions to fight Oscar. Both fighters agree to meet at 147, which is the limit of the welterweight, not 144 or 145. Pac just went up 2 divisions and Oscar went down 1. If Oscar's official and fight night weight was 145 or less, its not Pac's fault. Oscar could have weigh in at 147 during the offical weight in and about 160 or more during fight night. But Oscar is to blame for that, not Pac. Oscar(from a Ring mag interview) said he already weigh in below 150(corrections please) when he started training camp. Oscar is a millionaire and should have gotten a world class trainer/dietecian to help him go down in weight properly. But we know he didn't do that.

Comment

Okay the Oscar part was a mistake, but everything else in my post was true (except for maybe the Clottey part).

Comment

When was last time you remember Flyod asking from his previous fights for blood test? Thats right, none.

Flyod is asking Shane for blood test, bec. it would make Flyod look like a fool if he doesnt, since he ask Pac for one, but none of his 40 previous fights?

Remember: Flyod has mastered the art of fighting by not fighting, others called this ducking btw.

Comment

Here's a dumb question, have they even said what size they will be or is this another speculation thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingholic View Post
            Remember: Flyod has mastered the art of fighting by not fighting, others called this ducking btw.
            It ain't ducking, it's called psychological warfare. And right now, Floyd is winning.

Bruce Lee was a true master of psychological warfare. Remember in Enter the Dragon, "It's called the art of fighting without fighting."

Comment

Working...
            X