Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lara is the ONLY fighter Calling out GGG. Why the backlash?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll says make the fight. So apparently people like Slick Rick are in the minority and would rather watch mandatories.

Comment

no, i wanna see a wade rematch!

Comment

All I know is that when Golovkin called out a fighter a division above and that fighter wasn't interested, his fans screamed for months that that fighter was ducking. When Lara does it, he doesn't actually mean it, he doesn't actually want it, he brings nothing to the table, blah blah blah. They make every excuse they called ducking before.

Lara would have been a hell of a lot better than Monroe. Wade was a mandatory, so that's fine. If he can't get Saunders or Jacobs in the ring, though, then Lara should be the choice.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          my reply was not about Lara's qualifications, it was about the idea that a fan would be "scared" about a fighter taking a loss. Its absurd. Who cares about a loss? It doesnt make me a dollar nor cost me a dollar if GGG wins or loses.
          Anyone who has spent a day on NSB could tell you there are fans on here that are terrified of their fighters losing. It drives everything they say.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
            Lara is arguably the best guy at 154 rankings and resume wise. He shouldn't need to bean any contender in an already diluted division, tbh.
            Maybe so, but he still needs to move up and beat someone. GGG should be looking at the other belt holders at 160 and Canelo.

As I said, Lara brings nothing, still calls out GGG and doesn't move up.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
              But what's funny is you're the exact type of person I'm laughing at. You assume that my mentality is one that believes that the slick boxer will school the slow plodder.

When in actuality, I've argued tooth and nail as to why Lara is not slick and have a 100 post thread on what I think a slick boxer is. I've also praised GGGs skill numerous times. What this fight represents is two of the best fighters from the most dominant amateur boxing programs. The Cubans and Eastern Europeans dominate year after year.

Which brings me back to my earlier post. A boxing fan wanting to see a matchup is a foreign concept to you guys. You're so into one fighter that you think every proposed matchup has an agenda behind it.

Your post was a great example of the mentality of today's boxing fan.
              Yep. That's how you end up being called a fl0mo one day and a pact@rd the next. It's how you get accused of hating Golovkin in one thread and worshiping him in another.

Because who would ever want to see a good fight between arguably the best fighters in two neighboring divisions? There must be some agenda behind it!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                All I know is that when Golovkin called out a fighter a division above and that fighter wasn't interested, his fans screamed for months that that fighter was ducking. When Lara does it, he doesn't actually mean it, he doesn't actually want it, he brings nothing to the table, blah blah blah. They make every excuse they called ducking before.

Lara would have been a hell of a lot better than Monroe. Wade was a mandatory, so that's fine. If he can't get Saunders or Jacobs in the ring, though, then Lara should be the choice.
                Yes. Something like that.
                (... and don't forget that they still hope to resume Canelo negotiations after June 1st...)

Comment

i've never been opposed to GGG facing lara. in the past i felt that it was a low priority fight, but i now think the time is right (if jacobs and BJS do indeed continue to avoid GGG)

crushing the guy who many felt beat canelo would be another major PR coup for GGG and would increase the pressure on GBP even more

Comment

It's sad that a fighter below GGG's weight class is the only one begging to fight him and isn't demanding more money than he deserves.

Comment

When you say it plainly, Golovkin vs Lara doesn't seem like a big fight but when you consider the situation at MW then why not? People are always so quick to slate GGG for not fighting guys with big names, Lara has a name, he steps forward and then the next thing you know people react badly too it?

I mean come on...the general consensus is that GGG beats Jacobs, Saunders for their belts, and if he can't secure either of those then Eubank Jr because he is mentioning him...Why not Lara for that reason too then? If GGG can't get Canelo (which he clearly cant) and aiming for Saunders/Jacobs' belts doesn't materialise into anything any time soon then why not Lara?

I'd rather see him fight Lara than Eubank Jr, and I see less people complain about Eubank Jr being in the mix than Lara which seems strange to me at this point.

Comment

Working...
                      X