No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Canelo Alvarez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
    So you really go by that as one of the reason he will lose to Cotto? Come on guy. You do realize he ended up knocking his ass out.

And if you use the well he was stunned by Cottos brother as a reason he will lose, then what about using the Canelo beat Trout, while Cotto got demolished by him.
    You only see what you wanna see lol. Where did I say Canelo was gonna lose? I'm picking Canelo to win.

I did suggest Cotto's chin has been battle tested & only came up short vs one of the best in the business & a guy who got caught with loaded wraps in his next fight & Canelo hasn't been battle tested by anyone other than primitive punchers (Angulo + Kirkland) with lil else to work with than their punch + got wobbled by Cotto's lil bro (in size) so if someone is getting KO'd I believe it'll be Canelo. My official pick is Canelo by decision.

Comment

• Either Cotto UD or Canelo by KO. Canelo's gonna get beat to the punch all night long. The only thing that can safe him is that he has good timing and if he times Cotto with a good right hand the fight is over.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
        So basically you think either guy will prolly win? Great
        It's the details. I think everyone knows deep down this is a hard fight to call. That's why it's a good scrap. Anyways it's the way the W will be achieved. Basically it's... who do you have and how?

Comment

• WAR VARGAS!!!

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
                I am super stoked for this awesome bout however I do not see Cotto winning this one.

The people who are on the "Cotto has resurged to tip top form thanks to Freddie Roach" bandwagon fail to realize it's easy to look like you are back to tip top form when you have been taking easy catchweight fights.

Cotto vs. Rodriguez= Rodriguez plain sucks. This was a fight to make Cotto look great.

Cotto vs Maravilla= Sergio had no legs, came off of a long layoff filled with injuries surgeries and age decline. Easy win for Cotto.

Cotto vs. Geale= Geale sucks. Geale easily quit vs. Golovkin in the 3rd round. Geale looked terrible and drained vs. Cotto.

That's 3 easy catchweight fights that made Cotto look great. But realistically the facts are that he's way past his prime, he lost to Austin Trout easily and has since been made to look good and he has also come up short in every important big fight he has against top guys.

Unless Canelo absolutely gasses out by round 4 I do not see anything in Cotto's past prime arsenal that can stop Canelo. Canelo is hungry, strong, quick with great combos. After this fight everyone will see that Cotto is the same Cotto he was 2 years ago before Roach.

Im not a Cotto nor Canelo fan but this fight is a solid scrap.
                Similar could be said of Alvarez

He has only looked impressive when faced with tailor made guys ever since his step up in opposition

Had the trout fight 7-5 for Trout
                Had the Floyd fight 12-0 for Floyd
                Had the Erislandy fight a draw

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Omonist View Post
                  Pretty sure that was sarcasm, but to be correct what I really wrote was:

I think Canelo will win by TKO if things go his way.

I think Cotto will win by UD if things go his way.

LOL!
                  Just pick a winner?

But yes, I agree with your point about Canelo possibly cutting Cotto. Not unlikely.

Comment

I really only see two outcomes to this fight:

Outcome 1: Canelo is able to trap Cotto and lands big in the early rounds causing a cut or hurting him badly. This would then cause a systematic breakdown which would end in a Canelo win. Going off of Cotto's history I do not see him getting KTFO, it would be more of a slow beat down, if that. Yes I know that anything can happen in boxing, but if Canelo wins I am 98% sure it will be this way.

Outcome 2: Cotto outboxing Canelo to a UD. As we all know Canelo's footwork isn't the greatest and this could be a huge factor in this fight. If this outcome is to come into play I can see a few exchanges here and there, but in the end most rounds going to Cotto.

Fighter Advantages
                    Power: Canelo
                    Speed: Same (Canelo has fast combo's and Cotto is fast with jab/counter)
                    Hunger: Canelo (younger and more to gain as for Cotto who is almost out the door)
                    Footwork: Cotto
                    Experience: Cotto
                    Overall boxing skills: Cotto

With the above said, this is a great fight and is something fans have been waiting for. I for one will being going for Cotto, but wouldn't mind seeing Canelo take home the W.

BTW, some of you are probably thinking that I cannot have an unbiased opinion if I am Puerto Rican, but I did have May over Cotto and even Mosley over Cotto when they fought. I'm a boxing fan first guys, yes I know it's hard to believe here on NSB.

Now for whoever wants to bet, get at me. I have some virtual money to win/loose!
                    Only opponent Alvarez has systematically broken down since stepping up in opposition was the tailor made Angulo. I think he was mostly inactive at the time and borderline shot already

I got Miguel outboxing Alvarez, but he unfairly won't get the decision

Alvarez always has at least one judge on his side in big fights

Comment

It's the details. I think everyone knows deep down this is a hard fight to call. That's why it's a good scrap. Anyways it's the way the W will be achieved. Basically it's... who do you have and how?
                      So who do you think will win overall. All you wrote was why you think either guy will win and you gave two scenarios why. But who do you think will actually will win?

I said who I thought would win in one of my responses to someone else on here.

As you said its a very evenly matched fight and either guy has a legit shot at winning but personally I think Cotto will win.

Comment

Working...
                      X