Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all new, Mayweather/Pac Master Discussion Thread - The fight that will never be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed, Pac has struggled with the lefty.

Comment

• Originally posted by black_celph View Post
      Care to explain?

Comment

• Originally posted by jack2x View Post
        +++++++++actually, floyd's 40 million usd take on his last fight is almost the same with pacman's 28 million usd.. add bob arum's fee of around 27% of pac's purse since pac works under bob arum and you'll notice that both have almost the same fight purse.
        Even in 2009, Floyd made interviews stating that he would not take 50/50. Even though some may dispute that Manny could have asked for even more than 50/50 since he was more active and made more in his previous year than Floyd.

So Floyd could have done the same early 2012 and made a reasonable offer instead Floyd made sure there was no fight by saying "I WANT ALL PPV money"

The way it all played out, Floyd always had that "I WANT ALL PPV money" card ready but he had the PEDs testing card that was working for him, so he was waiting for the right moment. Like I said, Floyd wasn't interested in 50/50 not even in 2009.

Comment

• Does anyone feel let down by Mayweather and Pacquiao?

Maybe add Arum and Goldenboy to the mix, I mean after all for 3 strong years Floyd fans and Manny fans dueled it out over the bout, just for Pacquiao to end up laid out.

This fight was the best that boxing had to offer and now it's ruined. And it's all because of greed and ego.

Comment

• Tried everything to get Floyd in the ring with Manny....but Health First, ya know! And plus...hed rather be a rich coward! -Floyd Mayweather
            Last edited by PAC-BOY; 01-22-2013, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• To me it's not Bradley Vs Pacquiao that put a sour taste in my mouth from the sport of boxing, its May and Pac...Arum and Oscar

Comment

• Very let down I said i wasnt going to watch boxing anymore if that fight didnt happen in 2012 but I lied and am beginning on getting over it and moving on lol Pacquiao getting ko'd was really the nail in the coffin and just really killed it all for me

Comment

• I never fought FOR the fight, I argued about how much of a mismatch it would be, 5 years ago, 3 years ago, now, always a mismatch.

Nope, I don't feel let down. I am happy that JMM got the credit for beating Pacquiao and ending his reign. He deserved the win over the false FOTD, more than Mayweather. Besides Marquez ended the fight in a way that Mayweather probably wouldn't have. Mayweather would have taken Pacquiao back to finish Elementary School for 12 rounds, where Pacquiao last left it. Marquez finished it in 6 rounds.

I repeat, I am happy how things ended and that it was Marquez who got the win over Pacquiao.

Comment

• For the confused that dont know...:WORD:

Comment

• Originally posted by RVABoxer View Post
                      Very let down I said i wasnt going to watch boxing anymore if that fight didnt happen in 2012 but I lied and am beginning on getting over it and moving on lol Pacquiao getting ko'd was really the nail in the coffin and just really killed it all for me
                      Yes to if that fight ever happens it won't be the same, we wanted 2 unstoppable forces in the ring, Number 1 P4P and Number 2...Pac is not even top 5 anymore on most list.

Comment

Working...
                      X