Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Glaser says GGG got 97,000 buys? He better start cutting carbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

97k is low, but I told everyone that GGG wasnt being marketed or pushed right, Klitschko doesnt promote him well. What promotion does he have? nothing.

People are fed up after Floyd vs Pacquiao, the backlash is real, just take a lot of Floyds ppv numbers Showtime didnt release them and you get numbers ranging from 200-300 to 400-500k buys.

The truth is somewhere in the middle maybe 350k buys for Floyd Berto. Floyd couldnt even selll out the arena and it was his farewell fight after beating Pacquiao, and the weigh in was half empty.

I can see Pacquiaos next PPV doing like 100k some really low number with only a few tickets sold. If Pacquiao out does Floyds number in his comeback I would be shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      If true and it only did 97k buys, then boxing is basically dead in America, and the floyd/manny fight killed it. Ever since that fight, PPv numbers have been way down (albeit a small sample size)..
      It will be fine lol. Look at the PPV fights after May-Pac. What were they?

Which PPV's happened after Mayweather-Paquiao? It has been only 5 months since that fight happened, and from what I remember, 2 PPV's? Mayweather-Berto, and Golovkin-Lemiuex, 2 mismatches. Cotto vs Canelo will show us more.

Comment

As much as people try to spin it as having to do with May-Pac or God knows what other nonsense, many posters foresaw this. A ****ing horrible card with no star power. Easy to call.

Comment

If Glazer is right then this whole making GGG a PPV star is going to be put on hold and that is a good thing for us fight fans. Back to regular HBO for him and that is a great thing. Now I just need to resubscribe to HBO.

I love watching GGG fight but the higher jumped the gun on this. If they truly want GGG to be a PPV star he needs way more tv time. They need to get him on late night tv (ala pacquiao and jimmy kimmel). Get him involved with advertising and just flood the people with GGG. His issue is his name and where he comes from. Regular Americans don't know him and they need to put him front and center so they can see who he is. Because if they are just banking on putting him on HBO and expecting that will parlay into PPV status then they are wrong. They mainly need to step up the marketing 100 fold for GGG if they want him to be an American star.

I think he should also officially change his name to Triple G. Be creative with marketing him.

Remember when Lance Whitaker changed his name to Goofy Whitaker as a marketing ploy when he started making noise in the heavyweight division.
          Last edited by boxinghead530; 10-22-2015, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            No it means it was ****ing terrible PPV.
            It really wasn't that bad of a PPv,,, I thought all were legit fights.. I didn't expect it to be a blockbuster, but less than 100k is shocking

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
            I don't agree at all. How does boxing go from almost a 100 million live gate, does almost 5 million PPV buys to almost dead in mere months? Isn't that kinda quick? More than likely, with the holidays approaching people thought long and hard about ordering a PPV, especially after the Mayweather-Pacquiao debacle.
            Casuals were burnt hard by floyd/manny.. They won't be spending on boxing anytime soon

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            It will be fine lol. Look at the PPV fights after May-Pac. What were they?

Which PPV's happened after Mayweather-Paquiao? It has been only 5 months since that fight happened, and from what I remember, 2 PPV's? Mayweather-Berto, and Golovkin-Lemiuex, 2 mismatches. Cotto vs Canelo will show us more.
            We will see....

Nothing can save boxing,, nothing can kill it either

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Nothing can save boxing,, nothing can kill it either
              No truer words were ever written....

Comment

I wish Gonzalez would've gotten more exposure, his fights don't need to be on PPV this soon in his USA campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by mexicali90 View Post
                  So he was wrong with floyds numbers?
                  I don't know. I thought Floyd's numbers were somewhere around 400k...I didn't see what glaser reported on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    As much as people try to spin it as having to do with May-Pac or God knows what other nonsense, many posters foresaw this. A ****ing horrible card with no star power. Easy to call.
                    If you don't think manny/floyd had an adverse effect on the casual fans, then you are wrong..
                    97k is beyond crap for a PPv.. Even mosely-mora and hopkins-dawson did more than that, and this was by far a better card..

I'm not trying to spin it for ggg,, it appears to be a giant flop, but I do think casuals just don't give a **** anymore after floyd/manny...

Comment

oh the excuses.....

Comment

Working...
                      X