No announcement yet.

Leonard Ellerbe: "No rematch...Oscar's just jealous of the May-Per-View King"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
    Its not an easy 40 million if you wont pay to see it. Floyd takes pride in numbers even more than money. If he only sold 800k ppv in the rematch it would be shameful for him.
    the casual fan is easy to manipulate.

Imagine how they could build the next 24/7 with this "scandal"?

I think this rematch could do a million+.

Comment

Originally posted by Rox View Post
      Floyd Mayweather After the Fight: "If he want a rematch he can get a rematch"

Is Floyd now saying that he doesnt want the rematch???
      What do you want...a rematch? Or a Pac fight?

Comment

"There's no public outcry for a rematch"

there was no public outcry for the first fight and that didn't stop you from making it.
        Last edited by daggum; 09-26-2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
          What do you want...a rematch? Or a Pac fight?
          If he's gonna fight Pac ok then...but if he's not rematch Vic

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            "There's no public outcry for a rematch"

there was no public outcry for the first fight and that didn't stop you.

Comment

ok fine there was an outcry. everyone wanted floyd to fight ortiz..........remember................oh yea.........

Comment

Originally posted by Rox View Post
                If he's gonna fight Pac ok then...but if he's not rematch Vic
                why has Pac wasted time fighting Margarito, Mosley & JMM?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  ok fine there was an outcry. everyone wanted floyd to fight ortiz..........remember................oh yea.........
                  vic was the #2 ranked WW

was there public outcry for Pac-Clottey, Pac-Margarito, Pac-Mosley?

Comment

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
                    why has Pac wasted time fighting Margarito, Mosley & JMM?
                    because he knows Mayweather beats him easy..

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                      "Oscar must be having a relapse and Victor Ortiz must still be sloppy drunk from when I saw him last Sunday night in the lobby of the MGM. It's understandable how crazy Ortiz sounds because he looks up to Oscar De La Hoya as a god. No rematch! There's no public outcry for a rematch because Floyd didn't do anything illegal...They all sound stupid and it's embarrassing to the sport of boxing that they would hold a conference call and look like a bunch of morons. It's no secret that Oscar is insanely jealous of Floyd's success. Floyd don't have no drinking problem, Floyd don't have no drug problem, Floyd don't wear fishnets, and Floyd don't have a number of kids out there that he doesn't claim. He's insanely jealous of Floyd's success with Floyd being the May-Per-View king of all time. Victor should be thankful because that's all he was talking about Sunday night when I saw him. He was just thankful for Floyd giving him the opportunity. That's what he was thanking me for when he was sloppy drunk," stated Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe, who responded to a recent conference call held by former WBC welterweight champion Victor Ortiz, his promoter, Oscar De La Hoya, and his manager, Rolando Arrelano, demanding a rematch of their 4th round knockout loss to Floyd Mayweather. You don't want to miss what else he had to say.

BT: L, I just got off this conference call that Victor Ortiz, Oscar De La Hoya, and Rolando Arellano had. Man, I gotta tell ya, they were doing some serious begging for a rematch, calling Floyd dishonorable, questioning his integrity, the whole nine yards.

LE: Oscar must be having a relapse and Victor Ortiz must still be sloppy drunk from when I saw him last Sunday night in the lobby of the MGM. It's understandable how crazy Ortiz sounds because he looks up to Oscar De La Hoya as a god. No rematch! There's no public outcry for a rematch because Floyd didn't do anything illegal. The kid was clearly getting his ass whooped and got knocked out. Floyd did nothing illegal! The kid should have listened to his damn trainer when he told him to keep his guard up in episode 4 of 24/7.

BT: Well, they seem to think otherwise. According to them, Victor was never behind in the fight and he was starting to come on strong as Floyd was fading.

LE: Say what? He was clearly frustrated because their plan to try and foul to get out of the fight wasn't working fast enough. All them damn right hands he was eating, he got the message and he was looking for a way out.

BT: Immediately after the fight, Victor said the headbutt was unintentional, but now, it appears he's changing his story. Evidently, he claims he was headbutting in retaliation for a series of elbows he received from Floyd.

LE: He sounds stupid, just like his jealous ass promoter. He executed the most egregious headbutt we've ever seen in a fight, combined with the litany of punches behind the head from the illegal blows he was trying to hit Floyd with. What the hell are they thinking?

BT: I thought it was odd that he would change his story up because if he was truly headbutting in retaliation, then why would he be so apologetic for it after he was caught? I mean, why apologize if you were doing it in retaliation for fouls you thought you were receiving?

LE: They all sound stupid and it's embarrassing to the sport of boxing that they would hold a conference call and look like a bunch of morons. It's no secret that Oscar is insanely jealous of Floyd's success. Floyd don't have no drinking problem, Floyd don't have no drug problem, Floyd don't wear fishnets, and Floyd don't have a number of kids out there that he doesn't claim. He's insanely jealous of Floyd's success with Floyd being the May-Per-View king of all time. Victor should be thankful because that's all he was talking about Sunday night when I saw him. He was just thankful for Floyd giving him the opportunity. That's what he was thanking me for when he was sloppy drunk.

BT: This was the Sunday night after the fight?

LE: Sunday in the lobby of the hotel.

BT: So there was never any mention then about him wanting to get a rematch? No talk about a cheap shot or anything like that?

LE: No, he was laughing and smiling; he was having a good time. He had just made a career-high payday. He had just been on the biggest stage that he's ever been on that he'll never ever see again. He was very happy. He was sloppy drunk, but he was a happy drunk. Actually, he was trying to give me a hug and kiss then. I told him, "We don't do that! We don't do that!"

BT: (Laughing) I take it he wasn't protecting himself then either.

LE: He had a group of people with him and we talked for about 10-15 minutes in the lobby. A bunch of fans wanted us to take pictures. We took some pictures and he didn't say **** to me about no damn rematch.

BT: Well, Rolando made it sound as if they've already reached out to you guys about a rematch. Have their been any discussions or contact at all about that possibility?

LE: Rolando doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Like I said before, Floyd didn't do anything illegal and Victor just got knocked out!

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/conte...medium=twitter

Weather or not kid went out and drank after the fight is irrelevant, the kid asked for a rematch at the post fight presser asked for one on TMZ been all over the map asking for a rematch.
                      Floyd doesnt want the rematch why? Again I will express my thoughts very clear, Floyd himself did not even know if Time was officially in he was in a real fight this time out and one that was getting dirty, this was his way out and with Sugar Daddy Cortez in his crew he got lucky.

In My Honest Opinion Floyd threw those shots expecting to be DQ'd but ended up with a little luck on his side....

Comment

Working...
                      X