Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I gained alot of respect for Khan, but....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gained alot of respect for Khan, but....

I cant remember the last time i gained so much respect for a fighter in 1 night. BUT khans overall skills didnt impress me to much.

He looked really sloppy, his defense was weak, he stood in the pocket to long,he holds to much, when he throws his right he drops his left and vice versa.

Im afraid khan turns into Ortiz and goes gunshy.

He took more right hands then Ortiz did.

Im hoping the 24yr old learns from this, but i doubt it.

We must remember that Maidana is the slowest top 140lber and was still able to connect punch after punch. I think some1 like Zab judah would light Khan up.

Going into this fight i had Khan #1 at 140. And although i gained alot of respect for him, having heart doesnt always win fights.

Agree, or disagree?

I agree with you.

Khan proved last night that he is not a level above the other top fighters at 140, plus I think it slowed his role a bit. After he beat Malinaggi, he felt he was on top of the world and could beat Mayweather and Pac, the Maidana fight, I hope, humbled him a bit and made him realize that he needs to work his way to the top, just like the other rising stars.

Comment

Khan is easier to hit than I thought last night, his defense is lacking in many key areas. Khan hates to fight under pressure, the later rounds showed us that. Let's just say there are plenty of things for the kid to brush upon yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ALLBOXING247 View Post
        I cant remember the last time i gained so much respect for a fighter in 1 night. BUT khans overall skills didnt impress me to much.

He looked really sloppy, his defense was weak, he stood in the pocket to long,he holds to much, when he throws his right he drops his left and vice versa.

Im afraid khan turns into Ortiz and goes gunshy.

He took more right hands then Ortiz did.

Im hoping the 24yr old learns from this, but i doubt it.

We must remember that Maidana is the slowest top 140lber and was still able to connect punch after punch. I think some1 like Zab judah would light Khan up.

Going into this fight i had Khan #1 at 140. And although i gained alot of respect for him, having heart doesnt always win fights.

Agree, or disagree?
        Whatever.

Con sucks. GBP paid off Cortez. And at the end of the night Khan sustained more long term damage than Maidana.

Comment

He definitely has some polishing up to do, and I think once he and Roach go over film and do more gym work together, he'll make visible progress for his next bout. I think he did answer a lot of questions about his chin and punch resistance though. He was getting mauled in the 10th but he somehow willed himself through the round and the fight when most guys would've gone down, taken a knee, etc. If he can stay on his feet after an assault like that, then I have to tip my cap to him and think that the added weight has helped his punch resistance.

Maidana may not be the fastest guy in the division but he is most definitely the hardest hitter, by a mile. I think Khan-Judah would be a good bout, but I see Khan wearing him down and utilizing his size while Zab (on cue, as always) fades in the middle rounds.

I still think Amir is the best of the 140-lb division and he is going to prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt in '11.

Comment

a mere con sux

Comment

Khan can deifnitley improve, he didnt seem to have a plan B. Freddie is not a good corner man, hes good at building a solid gameplan, but thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                He definitely has some polishing up to do, and I think once he and Roach go over film and do more gym work together, he'll make visible progress for his next bout. I think he did answer a lot of questions about his chin and punch resistance though. He was getting mauled in the 10th but he somehow willed himself through the round and the fight when most guys would've gone down, taken a knee, etc. If he can stay on his feet after an assault like that, then I have to tip my cap to him and think that the added weight has helped his punch resistance.

Maidana may not be the fastest guy in the division but he is most definitely the hardest hitter, by a mile. I think Khan-Judah would be a good bout, but I see Khan wearing him down and utilizing his size while Zab (on cue, as always) fades in the middle rounds.

I still think Amir is the best of the 140-lb division and he is going to prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt in '11.
                You make a good point, we also must relize not many people have Maidanas chin!

Comment

Some of the guys on here make me laugh. Maidana is a murderous puncher and Khan took his best not just about 15-20 hard shots in the tenth round but throughout pockets in the fight. Maidana is easily the hardest hitter in the division and this will probably turn out to be one of the hardest fights of Khan's career.

Khan is only 24 and his speed is blinding and combinations are terrific. he can only get better.

Maidana loses to Khan and now he's 'slow, over rated and one dimensional' whereas when he beat Ortiz he was 'an awesome puncher with heart and terrific resilience'

Khan will school Zab Judah's ass all over MSG or wherever they fight. When he does, you guys will say 'Zab was years past it, we expected Khan to win'.
                  Idiots.

Khan will beat Alexander/Bradley handsomely too. Khan's best years will come at 147 i believe.

Comment

The thing that dissapointed me the most about Khan was how poor his timing was. Maidana legs weren't all the way there in rounds 8-12 and as a result Maidana was over extending and throwing arm punches.

All Khan had to due was step back, plant and fire and uppercut as that was a punch Maidana was open for all night long. Now if he was afraid to get countered, he should have stepped back, threw a short hook and pivot away from Maidana.

Your right....his defense leaves alot to be desired. I think that has to due with his upperbody being too shift and the fact that he leaves his chin out a lot. Mayweather has that same problem. A guy with great timing would have a field day with both of those guys. I doubt it would happen, but they both need to sit down with B-hop as he has perfected the art of tucking your chin while throwing punches.

Comment

Working...
                    X