Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

it still bothers me when haters say pacman CHERRY PICKED a weight drained dela hoya

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sandyvahra View Post
    Right, but how is Marquez perceived right now? As a warrior going up & fighting the bigger guy. No matter how you slice Pac's approach to catch-weighting with the WW's he's going in as an underdog regardless.

If your ok with jmm/floyd at 140 (in the middle of where they each fought last) how is that different that pac/cotto or pac/mosley also in the middle of where they last fought (between 140-147)? I dont understand.
    People consider him a warrior because even though he knows he is at a HUGE disadvantage he is still willing to fight them, if Manny did the same he would get the same respect trust me, a lot more then Floyd that is for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by LilGizmo562 View Post
      Agree, that is why Floyd isn't fighting or calling out any 154 pounders, Manny in the other hand is (technically its Roach and Arum) but at a catchweight, either fight them in their division or don't fight them at all.
      But how can Floyd call out 154lbers with all the unfinished business at 147? Pac cleaned out the lineal title at 140, he's got nowhere to go but up now...but he is still a much smaller man than these WW's...so its just trying to level the playing field.

Granted he could go down to 135, but why go down when you can go up?

Comment

Originally posted by mangler jr View Post
        Thank You......
        You are welcome.

Comment

oscar offered pac the fight. all pac did was except the challenge

Comment

People consider him a warrior because even though he knows he is at a HUGE disadvantage he is still willing to fight them, if Manny did the same he would get the same respect trust me, a lot more then Floyd that is for sure.
            I don't think Manny has any respect issues. Fighter of the Decade, former presidents wanting to meet him, celtics running after game 7 to watch him fight. Denzel in his locker room. Respect is the last thing Manny is out for.

Comment

But how can Floyd call out 154lbers with all the unfinished business at 147? Pac cleaned out the lineal title at 140, he's got nowhere to go but up now...but he is still a much smaller man than these WW's...so its just trying to level the playing field.

Granted he could go down to 135, but why go down when you can go up?
              He can do what Hatton didn't want to do CLEAN OUT the division, that way he will have no choice but to move up and fight the bigger men, great boxers have moved up in the past and fought fighters in their division and some won, don't you think Pac can do it too?

Comment

I don't think Manny has any respect issues. Fighter of the Decade, former presidents wanting to meet him, celtics running after game 7 to watch him fight. Denzel in his locker room. Respect is the last thing Manny is out for.
                I'm talking about the haters, TRUE boxing fans know he has mad respect already.

Comment

He can do what Hatton didn't want to do CLEAN OUT the division, that way he will have no choice but to move up and fight the bigger men, great boxers have moved up in the past and fought fighters in their division and some won, don't you think Pac can do it too?
                  Look any fighter can "do more". You could say that about any fighter that laced them up. I think Pac's done enough since 2003. If he wants to go up and get bigger money fights vs. bigger names vs. tougher competition my hats off to him how can anyone have a problem with that?. That's what boxing is about. He would be going in as the favourite vs. any 140lber, but underdog vs. top 147, so again whats the big deal?

Comment

he did they knew he couldn't make the weight.

Comment

I'm talking about the haters, TRUE boxing fans know he has mad respect already.
                      Let them hate. Nobody that's walked the planet has pleased everybody in any facet. That's just reality. If your supporters dwarf out the haters that's good enough. If people can unbiasedly hate on Manny for his opponents, wanting to move up, etc. Then they must be bigger haters of Manny than fans of boxing. Thus, i think theyre opinion is irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                      X