Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gervonta Davis Fallout With Floyd is Perfect Example Why Signing To Mayweather is Bad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
    lmfao floyd promotes him that is it. A promoter doesnt dictate where and with who you can train with.

This is like haymon telling danny garcia he cant train in philly no more.

Oscar telling Canelo he has to train in LA.

k2 telling ggg he has to train in russia.

hearns telling kell brook he has to train x place.
    Exactly, these dudes think floyd owns them. If its not in the contract the fighter can live and train where he pleases.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      Same thing Broner said shortly before getting schooled by Maidana. Now look at him. In and out of jail, missing on big money fights, etc., talking about getting out of the hood, etc.

At some point these fighters need to wake up. TBE is trying to help you get paid. If that means move, then you move. Otherwise, take your Chris Algieri- sized paydays and move on.
      List the paydays since they are so great for tmt fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
        We don't know what is in his contract or what goes on behind the scenes. TMT fighters train at the Mayweather Boxing Club in Vegas. That's their thing.

I don't care what promoters do. I'm just sick and tired of these kids in the hood getting stuck and throwing their lives away trying to "keep it real". When somebody lends you an open hand and offers you a chance to better your life you should capitalize on it. There's fighters all over the country that would jump at the opportunity Floyd is giving this kid. The chance to get good training and sparring, train with world class trainers, be managed by an ATG fighter, build his career in the Fight Capital of the world.

But this kid has these Bmore guys in his hear trying to tell him what he knows best.
        All that glitters is not gold though. Just like you don't know whats in the contracts, you don't know what goes on behind closed doors over there.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
          All that glitters is not gold though. Just like you don't know whats in the contracts, you don't know what goes on behind closed doors over there.
          I don't need to. The only assumption I've made is that the only reason he's getting the title shot, is because Floyd paid to allow him to skip line, which I don't think is a far fetched assumption. Without Floyd, there is no title shot and he would have to come up in the game the hard way like everybody else.

The issue at hand is whether the career of a 19 year old boxer would benefit more from living and training in Baltimore or Las Vegas. His promoter, who happens to be the most successful prize fighters in history, wants to build his career in Las Vegas. That way he will be a recognizable name in the boxing capital of the world, will have access to the best sparring, training and facilities and will be around other fighters and be able to eat, drink and sleep boxing 24/7.

If you feel he's disciplined enough to accomplish these same objectives in Baltimore then so be it.

Comment

Somebody need to get this dude twitter feed, for real. Yesterday he was goin at it with Tevin Farmer. Today he's in love with someone.

Comment

I don't need to. The only assumption I've made is that the only reason he's getting the title shot, is because Floyd paid to allow him to skip line, which I don't think is a far fetched assumption. Without Floyd, there is no title shot and he would have to come up in the game the hard way like everybody else.

The issue at hand is whether the career of a 19 year old boxer would benefit more from living and training in Baltimore or Las Vegas. His promoter, who happens to be the most successful prize fighters in history, wants to build his career in Las Vegas. That way he will be a recognizable name in the boxing capital of the world, will have access to the best sparring, training and facilities and will be around other fighters and be able to eat, drink and sleep boxing 24/7.

If you feel he's disciplined enough to accomplish these same objectives in Baltimore then so be it.
              great post...I think its best for kids to leave the confines of home and recieve a broader few of the world and its possibilities

More times than not, anyone recieving big money while still remaining home have to deal with distractions, moochers, fake friends, temptations, the crab mentality types etc.

I think he should be Vegas......many fighters career tanked because they wanted to do things the way they always have by staying home.

Comment

I hate elbosshog but I almost totally agree with this thread. Floyd is surrounded by yes men, and he loves telling people what to do. When he gets push back this is what he does. The worst part is this is the EXACT reason he split with his dad. He has to let men be men.

Comment

So how many other fighters was this requested of?

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                    So how many other fighters was this requested of?
                    J'Leon love - From Detroit, trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
                    Mickey Bey - From Cleveland, trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
                    Badou Jack - From Sweden, trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
                    Ashley Theophane - From the UK, trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
                    Chis Pearson, From Ohio, trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
                    Alexis Santiago - Trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
                    Ladarius Miller - Trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club

That's just how he wants to run his company.

Comment

J'Leon love - From Detroit, trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
                      Mickey Bey - From Cleveland, trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
                      Badou Jack - From Sweden, trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
                      Ashley Theophane - From the UK, trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
                      Chis Pearson, From Ohio, trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
                      Alexis Santiago - Trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
                      Ladarius Miller - Trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club

That's just how he wants to run his company.
                      Does Floyd play a huge role in showing them technique, tactic, and strategy?

Comment

Working...
                      X