No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy VP Confident of Canelo-GGG Deal Before Deadline

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is interesting...step aside money?

We agreed not to disclose the details until then. It's a big fight, it is obvious that there is a a lot of interest and attention, but the reality is that we have our plans as a team and we have to do what is best for the career of Saul, and if we can reach an agreement, which is what we're talking about, that's even better.

Comment

There has been a lot of talk about an upcoming fight between Gennady Golovkin and Canelo Alvarez, but is the bout already scheduled? Shane Mosley says so.

http://larrybrownsports.com/boxing/s...sept-17/304321
      https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-new...g-canelo/56075
      Last edited by MagikLair; 05-13-2016, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Vegas has Golovkin as a 4-1 favorite.

Comment

GGG is getting a Mouth full now

GGG knows deep down what he's getting himself into. Canelo is way past that 20yr old Welterweight Sparring mate, GGG is getting a Mouth full of Mexican Prime Meat Sept 17 and he's not going like how it taste.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            This is interesting...step aside money?
            Doubt it. Golovkin and his team would get ripped to shreds if he accepts another step aside deal.

What this tells me is that they realize that a deal most likely wont get reached and they'll need to look at other options like Lemieux or Stevens.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
              Better not let it go to purse bid with the type of money Showtime is throwing around. If this fight goes to purse bid you can expect to see every promoter with a license in Mexico City.
              Its my understanding that in the purse bid only the promoter of the fighter can bid,not any/all promoters.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                Trust, they'll just pay Golovkin another step-aside fee (a massive one this time) so that the fight can maaaarinate until May 2017. Or, they'll shock us all and we get the fight – legit with no CW. Would be a nice surprise, like when Mayweather–Alvarez was announced (albeit with the CW).
                Man,you are saying that they will fight or they wont fight in your quote..You are like "Watch,i will bet you anything that they will fight or they wont ..bets?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Of course he's confident. Fight is already setup for Sept. 17. Shane Mosley broke the news days ago.
                  I'm starting to believe Shane was telling the truth or just took an educated guess. Either way, I believe he's right.

Comment

Originally posted by Hewito View Post
                    Its my understanding that in the purse bid only the promoter of the fighter can bid,not any/all promoters.
                    As long as the promoter is registered and in good standing with the WBC and puts down the deposit they can bid. Remember Roc Nation won the Quillin/Korobov fight when Roc Nation won? And the guy who won the Povetkin/Klitschko purse bid wasn't either one of their promoter.

Comment

If this fight get made conelo heart should never ever get questioned

Comment

Working...
                      X