Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Klitschkos Have A Chance Against Haye If They Didn't Have Size Advantage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
    What do you mean if he was smaller but had the same weight? If he weighed less that would make him smaller and if Wladimir weighed less he'd be faster
    I mean that his punching power is partly due to his body weight. if he was smaller in size, but he was the same weight (and so presumably had the similar sort of punching power) he'd be a slower fighter because of that body weight.

But if he was lighter, let's say he was the same weight as Haye in the 215 region, he would be faster but I don't believe he'd have the same punching power he does now.

His right hand power is dependent on his body weight. Look at the way he turns it over, he puts his body into it.

Comment

Wasn't Lennox roughly the same size at the Klitschkos? Give them their due, they can box.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
        I mean that his punching power is partly due to his body weight. if he was smaller in size, but he was the same weight (and so presumably had the similar sort of punching power) he'd be a slower fighter because of that body weight.

But if he was lighter, let's say he was the same weight as Haye in the 215 region, he would be faster but I don't believe he'd have the same punching power he does now.

His right hand power is dependent on his body weight. Look at the way he turns it over, he puts his body into it.
        This is speculation it would be different

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Wasn't Lennox roughly the same size at the Klitschkos? Give them their due, they can box.
        Yep I agree

Comment

I don't really get your point?

yes, Lewis was roughly the same size and even when he was out of shape he defeated Vitali in 6 rounds. Lewis was the heaviest in his entire career for that fight, he didn't even train properly for the fight and still won. And that was against Vitali, the better fighter out of the two brothers (at the time). i don't think Wladimir could have survived more than 4 rounds against Lewis.

Comment

The Klitschko's are good fighters. No doubt about it. But, their height and reach advantage is what makes them so much better than the rest. Their styles depend on their height. Without that, they would be good ordinary fighters.

Comment

I don't really get your point?

yes, Lewis was roughly the same size and even when he was out of shape he defeated Vitali in 6 rounds. Lewis was the heaviest in his entire career for that fight, he didn't even train properly for the fight and still won. And that was against Vitali, the better fighter out of the two brothers (at the time). i don't think Wladimir could have survived more than 4 rounds against Lewis.
              The point is when faced with a great fighter around their own size they held their own.

On a related note, I don't think Haye is competitive with any version of Lewis just as he wasn't with Wladimir.

Vitali at this point of his career against a prime Haye might be a different story, we'll see (if it happens).
              Last edited by Weebler I; 07-19-2012, 10:24 AM.

Comment

The point is when faced with a great fighter around their own size they held their own.

On a related note, I don't think Haye is competitive with any version of Lewis just as he wasn't with Wladimir.

Vitali at this point of his career against a prime Haye might be a different story, we'll see (if it happens).
                They didn't hold their own, Vitali held his own. Not Wladimir. They are two different fighters, two different people.

Wladimir never fought Lewis and if he did he would have got stopped much quicker than Vitali did. And we're talking about a Lewis who was out of shape and was the heaviest weight in his whole professional career. Even that version of Lewis would beat Wladimir within 3 or 4 rounds. Maybe even quicker.

And this thread is about removing the size advantage. I don't believe Wladimir would be competitive at all if he was the same size as Haye. But Vitali would possibly still be competitive.

Comment

They didn't hold their own, Vitali held his own. Not Wladimir. They are two different fighters, two different people.

Wladimir never fought Lewis and if he did he would have got stopped much quicker than Vitali did. And we're talking about a Lewis who was out of shape and was the heaviest weight in his whole professional career. Even that version of Lewis would beat Wladimir within 3 or 4 rounds. Maybe even quicker.

And this thread is about removing the size advantage. I don't believe Wladimir would be competitive at all if he was the same size as Haye. But Vitali would possibly still be competitive.
                  A lot of what you're saying is speculation, it's ok to speculate but some People won't agree and will have their own opinions. Lewis was great but not like what you're saying, Vitali and Wladimir could have beaten him

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
                    A lot of what you're saying is speculation, it's ok to speculate but some People won't agree and will have their own opinions. Lewis was great but not like what you're saying, Vitali and Wladimir could have beaten him
                    Most of the posts on this site are speculation. Of course, it's all about opinions, if I didn't want to hear other opinions, I wouldn't have made the thread.

But I can't see Wladimir having any chance of beating Lewis in my opinion. And Vitali already fought him and lost so we don't even need to speculate on that one. But, Vitali did put up a good fight against Lewis, he just wasn't good enough to go the distance with him.

Comment

Wladimir never fought Lewis and if he did he would have got stopped much quicker than Vitali did.
                      Do you think the current version of Wladimir gets stopped quicker than Vitali?

Despite Wladimir arguably being the better boxer?

Haye's no great shakes at heavyweight, he doesn't have the punch resistance which means he'll always be vulnerable. He knows this, that's why he's cagey on who he fights and why he was unwilling to commit fully in his fight v Wladimir.

For that reason, and their underrated boxing ability even shrunken down versions of the Klitschko brothers would have a more than reasonable chance of beating Haye.
                      Last edited by Weebler I; 07-19-2012, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X