No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 2 Remake made by a fan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Resident Evil 2 Remake made by a fan

Update: Kinda late but new gameplay released 6/17/2014. Amazing.

Wow, I would buy this game instantly. Bear in mind, it's not even complete. It looks amazing, considering a fan made it. This makes me want to learn how to make games so that I can try to recreate games but this guy obviously has really good skills and experience. It has a RE4 style feel to it, but RE2 setting.

Rod Lima says that he is creating the game for learning purposes only, and even though it***8217;s not a wholly original project, he***8217;s prepping it for an alpha release. The bigger issue at hand is if a single guy can create something like this in his free time and get this much praise for it, why isn***8217;t a multi-million dollar corporation doing the same thing?

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/04...made-by-a-fan/
    Last edited by -Kev-; 08-03-2014, 09:56 PM.

Capcom need to do what's right and make up for RE 5 & 6 by remaking RE 2. The RE 1 remake on the Gamecube was great.

Comment

I saw that, it's so cool. Not the most polished product in the world, but very impressive for a fanmade project.

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
        Capcom need to do what's right and make up for RE 5 & 6 by remaking RE 2. The RE 1 remake on the Gamecube was great.
        I don't trust them to remake RE2 at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I don't trust them to remake RE2 at this point.
          Why's that? You mean you don't think they'll ever do it or that they won't do it to a high standard?

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
            Why's that? You mean you don't think they'll ever do it or that they won't do it to a high standard?
            I doubt the high standard.

I worry they'll change it entirely and make it worse in attempt to appeal to shooter fans or RE4 fans.

Comment

I doubt they'll do that. It wouldn't make any sense. The whole point of remaking it would be to appeal to the old school fans. RE 5 & 6 flopped bad. Capcom know they need to return to the original format. The Shoot 'em up style is dead.

Comment

In before Capcom pulls the plug on them by threatening a lawsuit like SEGA did with the fan-made 'Streets of Rage' remake.

I'll be shocked if this is ever released.

Comment

As for the video itself, I'm honestly not that impressed.

RE2 was all about atmosphere and the addition of the "over the shoulder" camera setting really removes much of it's atmospheric qualities entirely. The police station didn't seem nearly as empty and eerie in that perspective as it originally did with RE2's (admittedly dated) camera system.

It just doesn't feel like a survival horror game to me at all in the supplied video. In fact, at times, it looked more like a shooting gallery to me. This is something that Capcom themselves are going to have to be aware of if they ever decide to remake any of the original RE entries - They need a new camera system that will be more useful than the original but without removing the sense of dread entirely.

Not an easy thing to do.

The dated inventory system has gotta go, too. Being unable to change weapons on the fly might've been fine for gaming in the mid and late 90s, but it's 2014 FFS, and this guy's just lifted the horrible inventory system from RE Code Veronica.

Props to him for taking the time and effort to undertake this task though, but as previously pointed out : He's an absolute fool if he thinks this game will ever get released or he'll see any profit from it whatsoever. Once Capcom finds out about this they may do as SEGA did and be like "yeah, we think it's awesome and we support the project because we love our fans."

But once it's actually a finished product they'll do just like SEGA did and threaten legal action which will result in the project never seeing the light of day.

Comment

I stopped likeing RE when they went from edge of your seat startles/horror, to action/adventure.

Comment

Working...
                    X