No announcement yet.

Mayweather/Cotto? Pacquiao/Cotto II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather/Cotto? Pacquiao/Cotto II

Been reading how Cottos last fight with Top Rank will be against Margarito and that made me think that cotto will be signing with GBP which will/can land him a fight with mayweather. How solid of a possibility do you guys think this fight will be made and the outcome? I also think its funny how people are now realizing Cotto does have a chance against Pacman if they were matched up again.... Just wanna hear everyones opinion on Cotto/Mayweather, Cotto/Pacquiao!
    Last edited by IconicOne86; 12-03-2011, 11:39 AM.

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

As I said earlier, Cotto's stlye matches up better with Pac and I would like to see the rematch. His problems last time came when the red mist came down and he tried to trade, he was looking comfortable when he was boxing. A fight that isn't at a catch-weight against Pac is a fight that Cotto can win.

As for Mayweather, I think Miguel is too loose for that. Floyd will let him come forward and Miguel still lunges with certain punches when he's pushing the action, he's there to be countered up the middle and I can't think of anyone who will take advantage of that more than Floyd/

Comment

I definitely agree that a composed cotto will take it to Pacquiao the second time around and honestly would like to see that. I never really felt like the cotto I have followed for the last 5-6 years was really there that night. As far as a Mayweather bout is concerned, I feel it can definitely be competitive depending on cottos composure through the fight... He has to find a way to not be hit by Mayweathers check hook/lead right that he does so well. I can see it being more competitive then Pacquiao/Cotto was....
        Last edited by IconicOne86; 12-03-2011, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Don't want to see a rematch. Pac doesn't even make weight over 150.

Comment

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
            Don't want to see a rematch. Pac doesn't even make weight over 150.
            I believe cotto can easily still make 147. Maybe the second go around there will be no catchweight...

Comment

I would like to see both fights. Cotto did look good but please not catch weight of 145 again maybe 150 where he fought Margarito at.

Comment

Originally posted by IconicOne86 View Post
                I believe cotto can easily still make 147. Maybe the second go around there will be no catchweight...
                Naw, i believed Cotto is now accustom to 154.

Comment

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
                  Naw, i believed Cotto is now accustom to 154.
                  I mean He walks around at what he is fighting now. How hard would it be able to lose 5 pounds for cotto? He honestly shouldn't even be fighting at the weight he is at now... 147 would be good the second go around.

Comment

Working...
                  X