No announcement yet.

Daniel "El Pillin" Santos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel "El Pillin" Santos

Where do you rate him? A 3-time world champion, at 2 different weights, beat Margarito (and holding the honorable distinction as the ONLY Boricua to beat him!), Campas, Kotiev (a very solid ex-Soviet ww champion), ktfoed 30-0 Alcine (when he was arguably past his best already) and also koed the 2-time world champion Giovanni Parisi in 4 rounds. Only stopped once, early on in his career, by world class fighter Kofi Jantuah.

What I liked with him was that he was not just a strong guy with ko power could brawl, but was in fact also a good boxer. I'm afraid he won't make the HOF but he should at least be inducted into the WBHOF.
    Last edited by Pastrano; 07-30-2011, 01:45 PM.

He didnt deserve that win over Margarito, nor was he ever the true best at 154lbs nor 147lbs. Parisi was past prime and belonged at 140lbs. his wins over Kotiev, Campas and Alcine were pretty decent.

I dont rate him very high in a historical sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
      He didnt deserve that win over Margarito, nor was he ever the true best at 154lbs nor 147lbs. Parisi was past prime and belonged at 140lbs. his wins over Kotiev, Campas and Alcine were pretty decent.

I dont rate him very high in a historical sense.
      Well, those divisions were pretty strong in his era, 147 was very strong in all eras. I'd say he def was one of the best at 154 for a while.

Comment

Decent fighter good counterpuncher. I also thought Margarito deserved the nod in that 2nd fight. He looked horrible in that fight with yuri foreman though

Comment

Originally posted by EMSLDB View Post
          Decent fighter good counterpuncher. I also thought Margarito deserved the nod in that 2nd fight. He looked horrible in that fight with yuri foreman though
          That was the end of him. He hadn't fought for over a year before that.

Comment

Working...
          X