No announcement yet.

My personal views on "0" losses....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My personal views on "0" losses....

0 Losses - up to 15 wins = acceptable. We understand that you are building yourself up, padding your record and gaining confidence. (FNF/BAD Undercard)

Ex. - Henry Lundy (LW) 18-0 (10KOs)...time for a real challenge...

0 Losses - up to 20/25 wins = gut check time. The time for padding and confidence is over....get in their with some of the bigger names (contenders/gatekeepers) and make some noise for yourself. (PPV Undercards)

Ex. - Andre Berto (WW) 26-0 (20KOs)...had some good fights against some gatekeepers (Quintana, Forbes) and a "war" with a excellent fighter (Collazo) and he came out on top. Time to get in there with the elite's.

0 Losses - 30 and more wins = Under the microscope. Ok...your a seasoned fighter now...regardless of the level of competition you've faced....its your fault and your TEAM'S (promo/mgmt) fault for not getting you in there with the bigger names. If your 30-0...there should be no reason you haven't been on a decent PPV undercard or fighting as a co-feature on HBO Championship Boxing / PPV. You better have a good # of recognizable names on your resume or your getting S*****D on.

Ex. - Chavez Jr. (MW) 41-0 (30KOs)...Nobody of importance on his resume....been fighting for the better part of 7 yrs professionally now, his father is one the the GREATEST MEXICAN FIGHTERS in the history of boxing....so why is he still fighting nobodies? Again..HIS TEAM....Top Rank and Mgmt. and protecting him too much.

Some exceptions to the rule......

Andre Ward - 21-0 (13KOs).....Exceptional skills for a SMW, not as athletic as say RJJ...but techincally superior to RJJ (sorry Reed). He will win the Super 6

Timothy Bradley - 25-0 (11KOs)....Great boxing skills...stays focused on that...doesn't look for the KO, so doesn't leave him open to many counters...good names on his resume and wants to add more.

Floyd Jr. - 41-0 (25KOs)...We KNOW....nuff said.

Any other names that we should add to the list of "EXCEPTIONS" I might have missed?

I know there "alot" goin on right now guys......but lets get some input?

Comment

Working...
    X