No announcement yet.

ODLH Tweets ''Let's see what excuse arum comes up with''

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Didn't Arum offer a buyout of the same amount or a bit more but Richard Shaeffer said no and got mad?

3 million seems small, this fight is PPV worthy, and should have an HBO 24/7, the only reason I think that Oscar and Richard are offering a small amount is because they don't want to put it on HBO but will put it on Showtime which will not get them the same type of money that they would on HBO.

Arum is right here, this fight should be on HBO and should have the 24/7 treatment.

If its on HBO PPV with hype it will sell pretty good at least 400k could even reach 600k which would break the record for anything under welterweight I believe. You have two marketable fighters, both exciting, both top dogs in their division, mexico vs. philippines, both speak good English and live in America, this is a perfect fight for HBO ppv.

I am tired of seeing Mayweather an Pacquiao on 24/7, they need to showcase new faces like Nonito Donaire and Abner Mares.
    Top post, especially seeing some of the newer faces. I've seen bits of Donaire from that 2days thing and I think it would be good to showcase more fighters.

I preferred seeing the 24/7 with Martinez & Chavez Jr over any from Mayweather & Pac recently.

The last Mayweather one I enjoyed was probably Mayweather-Hatton. Classic stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
      Why? I'm sure you appreciate the interviews.
      Nope, most people immediately turn the video off when they see it's from karceno.

Fuck ODLH and Arum. I don't even care about blaming one and not the other anymore. They're both full of shit.

Comment

I must say, Arum does crack me up, as much of as a dick that he is, he's a hard nosed **** that you wont pull one over easily. Ive just read on a thread Rigo and Donaire is happening, so that would make this mute for now and probably exactly the way Arum wants it; nothing to do with GBP.

Comment

Didn't Arum offer a buyout of the same amount or a bit more but Richard Shaeffer said no and got mad?

3 million seems small, this fight is PPV worthy, and should have an HBO 24/7, the only reason I think that Oscar and Richard are offering a small amount is because they don't want to put it on HBO but will put it on Showtime which will not get them the same type of money that they would on HBO.

Arum is right here, this fight should be on HBO and should have the 24/7 treatment.

If its on HBO PPV with hype it will sell pretty good at least 400k could even reach 600k which would break the record for anything under welterweight I believe. You have two marketable fighters, both exciting, both top dogs in their division, mexico vs. philippines, both speak good English and live in America, this is a perfect fight for HBO ppv.

I am tired of seeing Mayweather an Pacquiao on 24/7, they need to showcase new faces like Nonito Donaire and Abner Mares.
          I don't think it's going to be PPV. Mares is not a superstar. Nonito's just starting to be a Superstar. I think this will be HBO Championship fight with a 30 min preview. Pacquiao start being PPV at 126 lbs against another superstar in Morales. Unfortunately for Donaire, there's no Superstar opponent for him even at 126!

Comment

Arum is gonna make Rigo-Donaire.......he would never make the Mares fight. He'll announce the Rigo fight today or tomorrow just to spite ODLH.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
              Nope, most people immediately turn the video off when they see it's from karceno.

Fuck ODLH and Arum. I don't even care about blaming one and not the other anymore. They're both full of shit.
              DLH is 1000 times better than Arum. Thank Arum for never seeing Pac vs Mayweather. He's a scumbag and has single handedly held boxing back.

Can't wait for his old ass to be out of the boxing scene. He's everything wrong with boxing.

At least DLH has signed all these great fighters, heas a huge stable, is putting on the best shows and it speaks for it'self that they want to sign with Golden Boy.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                Would Oscar accept 3 million to buy the fight from Top Rank.

These ****in' guys...
                Bingo. Flat fee = dead end. Co-promotion = actual fight made.

Comment

Some saying screw both promoters when its obvious that one is trying and the other isnt. 3 mil ismore than enough for Nonitos services ad this is the fight all want. If it doesnt ALL blame falls on Arum unless he drops better offer.

Comment

as one poster said, bob will go with rigo-donaire for now to piss off schaefer. either way, as long as its not darchinyan, boxing fans win.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
                      Top post, especially seeing some of the newer faces. I've seen bits of Donaire from that 2days thing and I think it would be good to showcase more fighters.

I preferred seeing the 24/7 with Martinez & Chavez Jr over any from Mayweather & Pac recently.

The last Mayweather one I enjoyed was probably Mayweather-Hatton. Classic stuff.
                      YOU GUYS ARE ON CRACK.

Donaire vs. Mares is not a PPV. For all the hype, Donaire generates some of the lowest ratings on WCB (except when his fight was paired with the Pac replay), and Mares is far from a household name. If Chavez vs Martinez did 475k buys, how does two little guys fighting do 400-600k???

A $3m payment for either Donaire or Mares is HUGE. Consider that the top license fees at both HBO and Showtime are in the $3m range - so the license fee would cover only HALF of the main event, with nothing toward the purses and expenses of the other fighter, the undercard and bout costs.

And that stuff about HBO paying more money than Showtime is dead. Have you been watching lately? Did you see Showtime outbid HBO for Khan and Cotto? You think all the Golden Boy fighters at Showtime are accepting less than what they used to get at HBO???

I heard Arum was offering to buy Golden Boy out for $1.5m. Arum should take the $3m offer and run.

Comment

Working...
                      X