Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury vs Kevin Johnson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish people would stop fucking going off BoxRec rankings. I wouldn't read too much into Prizefighter either, if he turns up like he did against Lepai - Fury's in trouble.

In fact, Fury's in trouble full stop. Even if he reverts back to a lazy, counter punching style Fury will still give him ample opportunity to land big shots.

Comment

Originally posted by rsf View Post
      fury should win but even if he does he wont go near price
      I wouldn't say Fury *should* win necessarily....it's a 50/50 fight, which is why I give him props for taking it.

Price needs to start fighting some live bodies instead of frauds and 45-year-old never wases.

Comment

Eubank Jr fighting Matt Hainy 9-4.
        Conall Cormichael in his third fight against Darren Corbett 29-7.
        John O'Donnell fighting Stephen Haughian 21-2.

Terrible card.

Comment

Kingpin needs to throw punches, hes sound defensively but can he throw enough punches to keep Fury off of him.
          Interesting fight, would be good to see fury tested

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            Eubank Jr fighting Matt Hainy 9-4.
            Conall Cormichael in his third fight against Darren Corbett 29-7.
            John O'Donnell fighting Stephen Haughian 21-2.

Terrible card.

everyone will be there for this guy : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezA8YONxXMM

Comment

Rumours that Eubank Jr is off the bill and fighting 7 days later instead

Comment

I havent seen much of Johnson other than Vitali fight and Prizefighter however i can see him giving Fury some trouble. Against Vitali he looked slick but Vitali was too smart and wouldnt commit and leave gaps to exploit. Fury is no where near the boxer Vitali is, at least not from what we've seen. He leaves openings he attacks and loses his composure which could play right into the hands of the counter punching Johnson.

BUT Fury is massive. 2-3 inches taller than Vitali, who dwarfed Johnson, and is coming in proper shape for the first time that ive seen. Johnson also is a late replacement and may not be in perfect condition. I predict both having alot of trouble landing on each other early on, then either Johnson loses steam and Fury takes over. Or Johnson starts to frustrate and catch Fury with counters.

A problem i see for Johnson also is that with his style he will struggle to get a decision, especially in Ireland where Fury has a lot of support.

Like i say havent seen much of Johnson but from ive seen, and heard from people i respect, hes gonna be a very live opponent for Tyson. Definitely excited for this fight!

Comment

Originally posted by CSCD View Post
                  everyone will be there for this guy : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezA8YONxXMM
                  Nice little vid, looks pretty sharp be looking out for him!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by weltercelt View Post
                      Rumours that Eubank Jr is off the bill and fighting 7 days later instead
                      That's what it says here too: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/b...143724185.html

Comment

Working...
                      X