Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd Mayweather misleading young fighters who look up to him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Floyd Mayweather misleading young fighters who look up to him?

Floyd misleads the audience into believing that he eats fast food and lives off of soda, while working hard. He is like a magician unwilling to show the secrets to his tricks. Doesn't show sparring footage (well except for the recent one where he probably underperformed intentionally), pretends to eat bad food even though he has a Nutritionist & cook who make him healthy foods.

He is sending the wrong message to those who are inspired by him and his success. Even when asked by interviewers what advice he would give to up and coming fighters, he spews some phony bull**** talking point that doesn't help. And obviously he has said that he doesn't wanna be a Boxing training after he retires but rather sit behind a desk "like a boss".

You gotta live and let live.

The facts are out there, Junk food and soda aint good for you, no nutritional value. People know that by now. Floyd isn't claiming anyone should eat like him and he never asked to be a role model. The guy is just a top shelf fighter who happens to be able to get away with eating the odd junk food meal or candy while still making weight ect and is showing it off.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
      You gotta live and let live.

The facts are out there, Junk food and soda aint good for you, no nutritional value. People know that by now.
      You're right. This of course comes down to self-responsibility and all, which is the way it should be. Still....

Floyd isn't claiming anyone should eat like him and he never asked to be a role model.

This is true. He never said this BUT why is he promoting a lie? Everybody knows that all this eating of junk food is play for the camera's, nothing else. So he is misleading people regardless of the fact that he never said, "Be like me, train like me if you wanna be successful.".

The guy is just a top shelf fighter who happens to be able to get away with eating the odd junk food meal or candy while still making weight ect and is showing it off.
      That's all fine and well. Winky Wright did this himself. During his training for the HOpkins fight, they showed him eating the occasional crispy cream donut. He said that his motto was, "Play hard and work even harder". Of course it didn't work as he came into that fight with b1tch **** and lost. One could say Floyd is the exception and gets away with it because he is special. Well I say that is FLAT OUT WRONG. He doesn't get away with it....BECAUSE HE DOESN'T EAT THIS FOOD OR DRINK SODA unless 24/7 camera's are rolling.

Therefore he is misleading everyone into what it takes to be the top notch fighter that he is. And what it takes is what Hopkins is doing and promoting, DISCIPLINE. And this kind of Diet:
      http://youtu.be/ixHO4Auk_cg?t=1m17s

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
        You're right. This of course comes down to self-responsibility and all, which is the way it should be. Still....

This is true. He never said this BUT why is he promoting a lie? Everybody knows that all this eating of junk food is play for the camera's, nothing else. So he is misleading people regardless of the fact that he never said, "Be like me, train like me if you wanna be successful.".

That's all fine and well. Winky Wright did this himself. During his training for the HOpkins fight, they showed him eating the occasional crispy cream donut. He said that his motto was, "Play hard and work even harder". Of course it didn't work as he came into that fight with b1tch **** and lost. One could say Floyd is the exception and gets away with it because he is special. Well I say that is FLAT OUT WRONG. He doesn't get away with it....BECAUSE HE DOESN'T EAT THIS FOOD OR DRINK SODA unless 24/7 camera's are rolling.

Therefore he is misleading everyone into what it takes to be the top notch fighter that he is. And what it takes is what Hopkins is doing and promoting, DISCIPLINE. And this kind of Diet:
        http://youtu.be/ixHO4Auk_cg?t=1m17s
        With Hopkins u wont get an argument outta me, he is the absolute definition of discipline and is a Genuine role model as far as living a clean life and being dedicated to your craft goes.

I dont think Floyd eats that shiet nearly as often as its made out but he probably does have the odd one, the guy lives a very energetic life burning a lot of calories and lives at his fight weight so he can afford it. What he is doing is imo anyway making the point at how easy he makes weight and that he is special he can do this and still win. Its not big and its not clever, as for anyone who thinks its how to be successful then they were probably too thick to make it ion the first place!

Comment

If Floyd's eat fast food every now and then, so what??? Almost everyone does every now and then at some point. Just don't carried anyway with that s**t, and eat good food as well, and work out.

Fast Food, though not addicting really obviously, is like cigarettes. People know the danger of csmoking cigarettes, yet some choose to do it. People know the danger of going overboard with fast food, yet some still do it.

Who cares???

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
            If Floyd's eat fast food every now and then, so what??? Almost everyone does every now and then at some point. Just don't carried anyway with that s**t, and eat good food as well, and work out.

Fast Food, though not addicting really obviously, is like cigarettes. People know the danger of csmoking cigarettes, yet some choose to do it. People know the danger of going overboard with fast food, yet some still do it.

Who cares???
            Who cares? Nobody, just pointing out the fact that he is misleading people into what his daily work regimen really is, that's all.

If you don't think it's a big deal, that's fine. Just creating topic of something I noticed during the second episode in between all that flashing and jiving.

Comment

Guys, "healthy diets" are bull**** for althletes. A "healthy diet" is for somebody who wants general good health, getting all your vitamins and minerals to prevent diseases, conditions and mantaining a good weight.
              When you're an athlete like Floyd, you burn off so much calories, you need to eat a lot of crappy, fatty, calorie packed food.
              Yeah of course athletes still eat to get a good intake of Vits and Minerals but on top of that they need a lot of fatty food for energy.
              Check out Michael Phelps' diet for example.
              http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,403803,00.html

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
                Guys, "healthy diets" are bull**** for althletes. A "healthy diet" is for somebody who wants general good health, getting all your vitamins and minerals to prevent diseases, conditions and mantaining a good weight.
                When you're an athlete like Floyd, you burn off so much calories, you need to eat a lot of crappy, fatty, calorie packed food.
                Yeah of course athletes still eat to get a good intake of Vits and Minerals but on top of that they need a lot of fatty food for energy.
                Check out Michael Phelps' diet for example.
                http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,403803,00.html
                Yeah, but Phelps doesn't have to make weight now does he? Unless you're a Heavyweight and you're training that hard (which a lot of them don't unless they're named Klitschko), a diet is in order. Eating for energy but not junk.

That type of diet, world strong man competitiors are more likely to consume.

Comment

Forget about the fast food I thought episode 2 was boring ass hell!! I was more interested In seeing clips of cotto train. Floyd is running out of shii1t to do or say its phucking boring. Yes we all know that ur rich, u have money u live in a big house u have nice cars and a beautiful lady that is getting Paid to be there so u can stop showing us that by now. This aint 24/7 the life of Floyd mayweather.

Comment

As much as I think it might be a little silly, this is a new complaint about Mayweather so it gets points for originality.

Boxers come into the game with trainers. These trainers, while teaching them boxing, should also be teaching them about life, if they're so young that they look at Mayweather and think "I'm going to do that, too."

So, is Floyd Mayweather misleading young fighters? No. He's showing off by showing what he can do. With all accounts suggesting that he walks around at 150, he's actually gaining weight if he wanted to weigh in at 154.

To those that would still argue that Mayweather is, what isn't misleading is roadwork, the heavy bag, the double-end back, the jump rope, mittwork and sparring. You know...all the ACTUAL things you have to do to be a boxer after you turn your television off. If those don't combine to give you some kind of discipline, very few things will.

Comment

Working...
                    X