No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Dan Rafael says he was told Wlad's opponent will likely be Francesco Pianeta.

Here's today's ESPN article:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...imir-klitschko
    in that case, you owe me points dude
    I voted Pianeta in that poll you gave up last time about Wlad's next opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
      i'd honestly rather see klitschko fight toney or holyfield over this guy.
      Then your sick and sadistic, why would you want to see a prime, dominant champion beat up on two shot, old men, that just so happened to be 2 of the sports biggest legends in there prime? Pianeta mightn't be much but he's young and undefeated and in his physical prime

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        Pianeta isn't worthy though, it's nice to see you twist and manipulate and then emphasize an unbeaten record, he's not even a contender! I'd rather see Wlad fight Chagaev again, Chisora, Ustinov, Johnson, Abdusalamov... hell, even Travis Walker would be a better opponent than Pianeta.

Are you familiar with Pianeta and the names on his record? Or do you just see 28-0, a few green bars and think he's good to go?
        Demeyes, come up with a bettah list than that if you're gonna argue your case. Chagaev hasn't been relevant for years and Wlad has already beat him, Chisora is coming off several losses, Ustinov is coming off a loss, Johnson - are you ****ing kiddin me? He threw probably less than 20 punches in his noneffort loss to Fury. Abdusalamov is a decent contender but his management didn't toss his hat into sweepstakes, so he's out. Travis Walker is also coming off a loss.

I'm not thrilled about Pianeta as Wlad's next opponent. I think K2 should've pressed harder for a Pulev fight.

Comment

Pianeta is what Wladimir needs.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            Demeyes, come up with a bettah list than that if you're gonna argue your case.
            That's the point though, I can pick such a weak list of opponents that still better Pianeta. Like I said, I can understand and appreciate how weak the division is but going for fighters just because they have an '0' is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
              Stop moaning and b1tching.

You should stop posting for a couple of days each month when you're menstruating.
              Do you know what the definition of irony is?

Your above comment and your thread the other day about '2013 being such a bad year for boxing'.

Comment

yeah to be fair i'm looking forward to this fight about as much as i do Donaire-Darchinyan.

With that said it's not like i expect that much from a division that's cleaned out mostly and those that are not cleaned out yet are interesting names refuse to fight Wlad.

Comment

There's a serious problem in the division. Its not just that contenders are 'ducking' the Klitschkos'; it also comes down to the terrible contractual terms on offer.

Why would a promising upcoming HW want to surrender his '0' for peanuts?

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                    There's a serious problem in the division. Its not just that contenders are 'ducking' the Klitschkos'; it also comes down to the terrible contractual terms on offer.

Why would a promising upcoming HW want to surrender his '0' for peanuts?
                    It's also about what they are actually worth. They bring no following (other than maybe Price and Fury), no money and they are ****ty fighters.

The main point to take away from your post is "surrender", because that's how all the contenders fight vs. Klitschko. It's sad to see and i don't think they deserve any money at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                      It's also about what they are actually worth. They bring no following (other than maybe Price and Fury), no money and they are ****ty fighters.

The main point to take away from your post is "surrender", because that's how all the contenders fight vs. Klitschko. It's sad to see and i don't think they deserve any money at all.
                      people are essentially paying to see wlad, it doesn't matter who the opponent is in a voluntary. There is no reason the opponent deserves as much as a ranked contender does. and you are correct the ranked opponents dont bring much either.
                      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 02-07-2013, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X