Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL MVP Award should go to who this year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL MVP Award should go to who this year?

The two prime candidates this year are Adrian Peterson and Peyton Manning. Who do you have as the more valuable player?
    Adrian Peterson
    70.27%
    Peyton Manning
    29.73%

JJ Watt......

Comment

AP finished with 2097 yards for the season, second all time behind Eric Dickersons 2106. And with that solidified Vikings position in the playoffs, but Manning turned an 8-8 team of last year to the no.1 seed with a 13-3 record this year. In addition with Manning, the Broncos offense skyrocketed into the top 10.

Comment

It annoys me that Aaron Rodgers is getting ZERO recognition. Despite the fact that he has a better QBR than Manning, has thrown less picks, more TD passes, and has gotten his team to the playoffs without a defense, an offensive line, a roster full of injuries on both sides and RB's that can't net even decent yardage.

Yet Manning is getting his nuts swallowed by everyone. He plays in a competition-less division, has thrown more interceptions, has a lower QBR, hasn't beaten an elite team all season, yet he has everything Rodgers doesn't have on his team. This Broncos squad made the playoffs last year with ****ing Tim Tebow. So the real question is how valuable exactly is Manning to this team? Basically a higher seed in the playoffs. That's it.

To be honest, it turns out he wasn't even that valuable to the Colts either. They are in the playoffs too with a rookie QB who leads the league in interceptions.

2-14 was a result of sucking to get this QB, nothing more.

Rodgers or AP should be MVP and everybody knows I love my Patriots and Brady.
        Last edited by TheNegation; 12-31-2012, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNegation View Post
          It annoys me that Aaron Rodgers is getting ZERO recognition. Despite the fact that he has a better QBR than Manning, has thrown less picks, more TD passes, and has gotten his team to the playoffs without a defense, an offensive line, a roster full of injuries on both sides and RB's that can't net even decent yardage.

Yet Manning is getting his nuts swallowed by everyone. He plays in a competition-less division, has thrown more interceptions, has a lower QBR, hasn't beaten an elite team all season, yet he has everything Rodgers doesn't have on his team. This Broncos squad made the playoffs last year with ****ing Tim Tebow. So the real question is how valuable exactly is Manning to this team? Basically a higher seed in the playoffs. That's it.

To be honest, it turns out he wasn't even that valuable to the Colts either. They are in the playoffs too with a rookie QB who leads the league in interceptions.

Great post.

University of Oklahoma is in the house, so I got to roll with my boy Adrian Peterson. 49ers fan, and I was rooting for Green Bay today against Minnesota, but I couldn't hate on Adrian's talent. He Michael Jordan'd that **** today.

Comment

AP..... Peyton had a typical above average QB year this year. If AP doesnt get it then they mine as well rename it the 'Best QB of the Year Award'

Comment

get out of here with that ****.who did the green bay beat?

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
                get out of here with that ****.who did the green bay beat?
                They did beat Houston, Bears 2x, and Seattle (reality)

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                  They did beat Houston, Bears 2x, and Seattle (reality)
                  they beat houston and denver beat baltimore i don't know how much beating the bears twice this year means

Comment

No defense? Green Bay's 11th in PPG, 11th in Passing yards allowed per game, and fourth in sacks per game. They've been a top ten run defense for much of the year.

Rodgers was the MVP last year. He's had a solid season, but he isn't returning from a year off and his team isn't drastically better like Denver is. The Packers have a deeper receiver core than Denver does so he has more tools to work with, even if Jennings and Nelson haven't been 100% (but they were hurt at different times).

Manning has done more for his team.

The Broncos had the second toughest schedule at the beginning of the year. The AFC West is awful, but their schedule was brutal in the first six weeks and they've run the table since then.

Here is how Manning is valuable to this team:

-The Broncos finished 3rd in 3rd down completion compared to 20th the year before.
                    -Finished fourth in passing yards per game compared to last.
                    -Up to 30.1 PPG compared to 19.3 the year before
                    -13-3 record with winning 11 in a row compared to barely making the playoffs at 8-8

The Broncos' biggest weaknesses last year were corrected with Manning.

This is all while also returning from a career threatening injury.

Comment

Working...
                    X