Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd fights Cotto at 154, why not Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where has Floyd said he'd ONLY fight Martinez at 150? Martinez is the one who wanted to come down and challenge them. Floyd isn't making him do anything.

Comment

Martinez doesn't bring in as much money as Cotto would bring even though I like the match up between Martinez vs Mayweather better.

Comment

Originally posted by -Deal With It- View Post
        Why? Because he can beat Paul Williams? :trollface:

Who has Martinez faced & beaten that has similar stylistic characteristics to Mayweather, that would give you an inkling about how well he'd fare in a matchup?

Beating Martinez @ 154 wouldn't even be Mayweather's best win in that weight class. Neither is a win over Cotto for that matter.

Oh yeah, Pacquiao beats Martinez @ 154 as well.
        Sure Pacman beats Martinez at 154............that's why he won't fight even Cotto above 148, LOL!!

Comment

Martinez gets schooled. Period.

I have no idea why people think Martinez can **** with Mayweather. Stop it. 2 different level of fighters.

Comment

No joke floyd would defo fight him at 154 no hesitations. He was merly asked a question once if Martinez comes down why not. Even though he won't make a lot of money it will still make decent numbers on PPV which Mayweather will carry anyway. Perfect fight from a fans perspective, for money not the best but legacy wise crazy as hell

Comment

martinez is a nobody.

hes like the ghost of the MW division.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Sure Pacman beats Martinez at 154............that's why he won't fight even Cotto above 148, LOL!!
                Yeah, and Martinez beats everyone @ 154... which is why instead of moving back down to 154 and taking on a few of the top fighters in the division, he continues to d!ck around, and waste his career in a dead division filled with faceless yurobums.

If he was serious about snagging a Mayweather/Pacquiao/Cotto fight he would've already been back @ 154 last year fighting a top 154 lb'er which would better set himself up with a fight with one of those 3, instead of taking a meaningless fight with Darren Barker. I question if he's even able to make 154 anymore, and is blowing hot air about coming down in weight and is just using Mayweather & Pacquiao's name to build his own rep.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
                  Martinez is the best there I would say. It would actually be a vey good fight.
                  simple. SM is a threat. Floyd dont fight threats. I just hope....hope, that Cotto brings the Cotto of old to fight with him on may5.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                    Where has Floyd said he'd ONLY fight Martinez at 150? Martinez is the one who wanted to come down and challenge them. Floyd isn't making him do anything.
                    They just like to run with whatever they feel.

Comment

Floyd said he wanted to go out of boxing with a bang so fights Pacs leftovers?

Why does he keep avoiding Sergio at 154? I dont want to hear because Sergio wontmake him enough money. I thought Floyd was supposed to care for his legacy now, albeit a bit late.

Comment

Working...
                      X