Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Bad Was Ricky Hatton's WBU Title Reign!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NY Boxing! View Post
    Hatton made 15 defences of this and held it 4 years......
    So F'ing what?

It's the F'ing WBU title...WBU man. Who cares about the WBU title or any WBU title reign?

WBU? I mean what are we talking about? We not talking about the 4 major sanctioning bodies(which even them are ridiculous), no. We talking about the WBU. WBU....

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Some of Haye's fights have not been far off.

As long as Hatton was drawing what he was, I dont think many were complaining. Also consider these fights were predominantly not on Sky Box Office like all of Khans and Haye's.
      I don't think Haye can really be compared. After 25 fights, Hatton's best win was a 39 year old Freddie Pendelton with 25 losses in a YES WBU title fight.

David Haye after 25 fights. Is a 2 weight champion and a former undisputed & Ring champion, with wins over 6 former or future world champions.

And I ain't even that impressed with Haye's resume. And even if they were on free tv still no excuse.....

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        So F'ing what?

It's the F'ing WBU title...WBU man. Who cares about the WBU title or any WBU title reign?

WBU? I mean what are we talking about? We not talking about the 4 major sanctioning bodies(which even them are ridiculous), no. We talking about the WBU. WBU....

And thats the point of my thread to discuss how bad it was. And how amazing it was that Warren & Hatton use to pass it off as a legit world title and sat on it for years.

Comment

I don't think Haye can really be compared. After 25 fights, Hatton's best win was a 39 year old Freddie Pendelton with 25 losses in a YES WBU title fight.

David Haye after 25 fights. Is a 2 weight champion and a former undisputed & Ring champion, with wins over 6 former or future world champions.

And I ain't even that impressed with Haye's resume. And even if they were on free tv still no excuse.....
          I agree with most of what you're saying. But you arent saying much. Its kind of a moot point. Yes he fought a lot of crap opponents, then he fought a lot of good ones.

Comment

And thats the point of my thread to discuss how bad it was. And how amazing it was that Warren & Hatton use to pass it off as a legit world title and sat on it for years.
            What?

Nobody ever saw that title as a legit world title. NEVER.

Nobody cares about the WBU.

Nobody.

Comment

What?

Nobody.
              So what do you think of Ricky Hatton as a boxer? As far as skill?

Comment

What?

Nobody.
                Warren & Hatton did. Hatton always said when he had it, it was a world title and he very proud he had it. And some of his fans belived it to.

Comment

I think the point hes trying to make is about Sky.

Sky show crap fights every week if its on regular Sky. I dont think it was that big a deal.

Hatton wouldnt have "gotten away with it" on Box Office.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                    So what do you think of Ricky Hatton as a boxer? As far as skill?
                    He was an OK JWW at best. Not a HOF level fighter. Fought an faded inactive Tzsyu. Unified the division. He got the most out of what he had to work with. Had a solid career.

Warren & Hatton did. Hatton always said when he had it, it was a world title and he very proud he had it. And some of his fans belived it to.
                    So what? Of course they did that's the promoter job to do so and any fighter who wins any type of belt for the first time will be proud of it.

Do you know about many WBF, IBA champs are out there walking around as if they have a legit world title? Are you going to make threads about them and their "title reign" as well?

Comment

He was an OK JWW at best. Not a HOF level fighter. Fought an faded inactive Tzsyu. Unified the division. He got the most out of what he had to work with. Had a solid career.

So what? Of course they did that's the promoter job to do so and any fighter who wins any type of belt for the first time will be proud of it.

Do you know about many WBF, IBA champs are out there walking around as if they have a legit world title? Are you going to make threads about them and their "title reign" as well?
                      Well there a difference between being proud and thinking your a world champion. And the point of the thread is to discuss how bad it was.

And saying am I going to make threads about other crap title reigns, is like asking because I made one thread about a New York fighter, am I gonna make threads on all them?

Of course not....
                      Last edited by Perfect Plex; 06-23-2011, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X